Job Information Capital Markets Analyst Company InformationJob Information
Company Sagicor Jamaica
Contact Email email@example.com
Job Type Full-time
Department Sagicor Investments Jamaica Ltd.
Posted 17-03-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 17-03-2023
Stop Publishing 21-03-2023
"Looking for a diverse and rewarding career?
If you're looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!"
Sagicor Investments Jamaica Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to join our Capital Markets team in the capacity of:
Capital Markets Analyst
As a Capital Markets Analyst, you will:
- Contribute to the profitable growth and quality of the Bank’s Capital Markets portfolio by providing financial solutions and advice to internal and external clients.
- Conduct financial analyses of corporations seeking to obtain balance sheet optimization and achieve strategic business objectives through the Capital Markets Unit’s core services.
- Prepare presentations, financial models, financial projections, company valuations and credit analyses to support transaction execution.
- Conduct market research and provide analytical support to the Capital Markets Managers at a level that will enhance the quality of the unit’s services and the achievement of the unit’s goals.
- Collate and analyze economic information from various government agencies and other sources to be used in the analysis of companies and sovereigns globally.
- Conduct financial statements analysis to gain insights on the financial performance of companies including but not limited to liquidity, operational efficiency, and profitability.
- Develop customized financial models to assist with the evaluation and execution of transactions.
- Prepare financial commentary on a company’s main financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income and Cash-flow Statements) with a view to evaluating fundamental business performance.
- Prepare reports for submission to the necessary internal committee(s) which include ratio analysis, peer analysis, SWOT analysis and other analyses which are useful for strategic decision making.
- Develop and play a major role in a monthly electronic newsletter.
- Prepare and make presentations to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Prepare reports to the relevant internal and external entities as needed.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or its equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution.
- At least two (2) years’ working experience in a similar capacity.
- The Jamaica Institute of Management Securities Course and the Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA) certification or their equivalent would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the local, regional and international capital markets and a general knowledge of key industries and competitive positioning.
- Competent in financial statements analysis, company valuation and financial modelling.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills to manage workflow that typically includes multiple deliverables.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team to achieve results.
- Naturally curious and display initiative.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than March 18, 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.