Job Information Auditor (FMG/AS 2) Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Company Government of Jamaica
Contact Name Office of the Services Commission
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type Full-time
Department Executive Agency
Posted 16-01-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 16-01-2023
Stop Publishing 24-01-2023
Applications are invited to fill the vacant post of Auditor (FMG/AS 2) in the Internal Audit Unit, Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, salary range $3,332,803 $4,482,249 per annum.
Under the general direction of the Senior Auditor (FMG/AS 3), the Auditor (FMG/AS 2) conducts audits in accordance with the provisions of the Financial Administration and Audit Act, laws issued in the Public Service and International Standards by examining the effectiveness of the internal controls.
- Recommends items for inclusion and assists in preparing the Unit’s Annual Financial Budget.
- Assists the Team Leader in conducing Risk Assessment in order to determine areas to be audited;
- Assists the Team Leader in preparing Time Budgets, Risk Matrices, Itineraries and Audit Reports;
- Accurately interprets and carries out the instructions given in the Time Budget issued by Team Leader;
- Verifies the adequacy and accuracy of financial records; examines and appraises financial and accounting practices, systems and procedures and evaluates operational practices and departmental policies;
- Discusses findings of Audits with Team Leader, Audit Manager and Chief Internal Auditor;
- Prepares and maintains adequate Working Papers in accordance with guidelines laid down from time to time;
- Ensures that Working Papers are properly prepared and submitted timely for review;
- Clears any queries on the Working Papers prepared;
- Consults with Team Leader on technical matters in principles of accounting practice and/or of law in order to develop knowledge of the methodology of auditing;
- Ensures the security of Audit files;
- Maintains confidentiality, professionalism and integrity of the Unit;
- Performs other related functions assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to use initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Customer and Quality Focus
- Excellent report writing skills
- Knowledge of Government operations
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- First Degree preferably in Accounts, Finance, Business Administration, Management or Economics; OR
- ACCA Fundamentals or equivalent and no experience; OR
- Associate of Science Degree, AAT Diploma, ACCA-CAT Level 3, or equivalent qualification, plus at least two (2) years Auditing or Accounting experience.
Special Conditions Associated with the Job
- Potential physical threat;
- Encounter potentially dangerous situations when conducting physical count of livestock, etc.;
- Possible exposure to adverse environments when conducting investigations in the field, such as infestation of lice, attack of rodents, inhalation of toxic fumes, etc.
Applications accompanied by Résumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday, 25th January, 2023 to:
Human Resource Management and Development Division
Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.