The Jamaica Information Service (JIS), an Executive Agency, invites applications from suitably qualified professionals for the following position:
Social Media News Coordinator
Salary range: $1,744,287 - $2,346,596 p.a.
Under the direction of the Social Media Manager, the Social Media News Coordinator is responsible for the management and maintenance of the organisation’s social media platforms/web pages. The incumbent is also responsible for designing, building and executing social media e-marketing strategies through research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification,
- Collaborates with the Social Media Manager, and consults with executives and a range of stakeholders on Government priorities, policies and plans to glean relevant information and data.
- Keeps abreast of current developments in the JIS and changes in all social media platforms to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Builds and executes social media e-marketing strategies through research, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Creates and implements, in collaboration with the Manager, comprehensive social media strategies, monthly content calendar, programmes and budgets.
- Develops and organises social media news content production and scheduling and disseminates information through social media platforms.
- Edits, publishes, and generates social media news content daily,
- Measures and reports, in collaboration with the Manager, the performance of all social media campaigns and assesses against goals (ROl and KPlIs).
- Attends press conferences, briefings and other media events.
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders on social media news issues.
- Proposes new and creative ways to attract prospective clients and promote the JIS.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, News Media, Mass Communications or a related field from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Specialised training in Public Relations and Communication.
- Three (3) years' experience in a comparable working environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organising skills
- Ability to use initiative and exercise good judgement.
- Proficient in the use of relevant computer applications and presentation aids.
- Sound knowledge of Government communication policies and protocols.
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Linkedin and Pinterest.
Applications along with résumés should be forwarded no later than Friday, July 30, 2021 to the:
Director, Human Resources
Jamaica Information Service
58a Half Way Tree Road
We thank all applicants for their expressions of interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.