Job Information Research Officer (SOG/ST 5) Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Company Government of Jamaica
Contact Name Office of the Services Commission
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type Full-time
Department Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation
Posted 21-03-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 21-03-2023
Stop Publishing 27-03-2023
Applications are invited to/fill be assigned to the following posts in the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation (MEGJC): Research Officer (SOG/ST 5) (Not Vacant) – Housing Policy, Research and Monitoring Branch, salary range $2,735,387$3,678,791 per annum.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Research Officer, the Research Officer will assist with the coordination and execution of research activities, via primary and secondary data collection techniques/methods, to support the development of the Ministry’s policies, programmes and plans.
- Participates in the design, development and review of research instruments;
- Conducts research studies and surveys for the Ministry, Departments and Agencies;
- Participates in the processing and analysis of research data;
- Participates in a range of research work including research to determine Sector developments impacting the Ministry’s programmes and plans;
- Participates in the Ministry’s socio-economic surveys and housing needs assessment studies;
- Assists with the production of policy, Sector and Project Reports and publications;
- Liaises with Government, Departments and Agencies in data gathering exercises and in
- the exchange of data/information;
- Contributes to the preparation of Plans, Budgets and Reports.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Methodical and analytical
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Working knowledge of standard computer applications
- Working knowledge of the Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS)
- Knowledge of research techniques with experience in qualitative and quantitative data gathering and analysis
- Knowledge of information and data management systems
- Sound knowledge of the operational procedures of Central Government
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Demography, Urban and Regional Planning or other related disciplines, with a strong research component;
- Training in research;
- Three (3) years working experience.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Monday, 27th March, 2023 to:
Human Resource Management and Development
Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation
The Towers, 25 Dominica Drive
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.