THE OFFICE OF DISASTER PREPAREDNESS & EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
The island’s disaster management agency the Office of Disaster Preparedness & Emergency Management (ODPEM), is seeking individuals to join its team in the capacity of:
Public Procurement Administrator (GMG/AM 2)
Salary range $939,448.00 - $1,116,709.00
Under the general supervision of the Director, Public Procurement, the Public Procurement Administrator is responsible for providing the necessary secretarial/administrative support to the Public Procurement Unit to include being the first point of contact, management of correspondence and day to day administration of the unit.
- Prepare and/or coordinate the required reports for the Unit to include to the Ministry of Finance, Office of the Contractor General and the PPC.
- Maintain procurement records in accordance with the FAA Act.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Routing and organising all purchasing documents
- Ensure the Purchase Requisition Process is adhered to
- Coordinate meetings
- Make Travel arrangements for the organisation’s officers
- Prepare C.O.D. and Uniform Allowance letters
- Manage calls in and out of the unit
- Be the point of contact for suppliers face to face or by telephone
- Dispatch payment to suppliers
- Oral and written communication
- Organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Integrity and diplomacy
FUNCTIONAL (TECHNICAL) COMPETENCIES:
- Competence in Microsoft Suite
- Report Writing
REQUIRED EDUCATION /EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, Management Studies or other related field
- One (1) year procurement experience in a related field
Interested persons may send in their applications including cover letter and resume no later than February 17, 2020 to the: -
Director of Human Resource Management Office of Disaster Preparedness & Emergency Management 2 – 4 Haining Road, Kingston 5
Please note that responses will be sent to short-listed applicants only.