Applications are invited for the post of Human Resource and Development Officer (GMG/AM 4)
Under the direction of the Director, Human Resource Management, the Human Resource Management and Development Officer is responsible for assisting in the recruitment and deployment of staff, the submission of recommendations to the Human Resource ManagementCommittee (HMRC) and Human Resource Executive Committee (HREC) and liaising
with Ministry of Justice Human Resource Management and Accounts Units to facilitate the timely processing of staff submissions and payments.
- Assists with the preparation of advertisements;
- Contacts applicants, arranges panels, prepares the relevant documents for the panelists and sets up interviews;
- Prepares submissions for appointment, acting etc. for submission to the HREC and HRMC;
- Prepares and dispatches letters advising staff and other stakeholders of decisions taken;
- Arranges for first time appointed staff members to be medically examined;
- Submit documents to Ministry of Justice, HR and Accounts Units to facilitate the timely payment of salary and allowances;
- Researches information and provides response to staff’s queries;
- Conducts site visit to the Ministry of Justice HR, and Accounts Units to finalise submission and payment documents;
- Conducts site visit to Legal Service Units (LSUs) to interact with staff members and ascertain their concerns;
- Arranges orientation for new recruits;
- Prepares and submits reports to the Supervisor;
- Prepares job letters to financial and other institutions;
- Performs other related duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer relations skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent judgment
- Knowledge of the principles of Public Sector Management;
- Working knowledge of Human Resource Management principles and practices;
- Working knowledge of Public Service Regulations;
- Working knowledge of statutes, regulations, policies and procedures administered by the SHRMD;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other programme applications appropriate to assigned responsibilities;
- Ability to work independently.
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Human Resource Management/ Management Studies/Public
- Administration or related social sciences; or
- Diploma in Human Resource Management/ Management Studies or equivalent with one (1) year’s experience in a
- Human Resource Management environment.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday August 11, 2021 to:
Director, Human Resource Management and Administration
Attorney General’s Chambers
2 Oxford Road (NCB Towers) (First Floor)
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.