THE UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST INDIES FIVE ISLANDS, ANTIGUA & BARBUDA, WEST INDIES VACANCY:
DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
The University of the West Indies (The UWI) is seeking to fill the position of Director of Administration and Finance on the Five Islands Campus in Antigua & Barbuda. The successful applicant should be a transformational leader, capable of promoting a people-centric culture.
QUALIFICATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- The successful applicant must have a higher degree. A PhD or EdD in Higher Education Administration/or leadership would be an asset.
- He/she must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience at a senior management level and must have led a sizeable department. A sound understanding of current national and global trends and issues in Higher Education would also be required.
- Leading the Units/Divisions/Departments under the Office of the Principal.
- Coordinating institutional transformation with a central role in forward planning, development, strategy and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Coordinating strategy implementation with Balanced Scorecard Tools, to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative procedures, systems and standards.
- Developing and managing the Campus’ HR functions, in alignment with the strategic plan of the University.
- Aligning HR’s Strategic Plan with the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Demonstrating strategic HR leadership and developing HR capacity throughout the campus.
- Helping to build a supportive work culture and environment (based on UWI core values).
- Developing and implementing strategies to ensure a stable industrial relations climate on the Campus.
- Cooperating with the University Registrar to ensure uniformity of administrative procedures, systems and standards across the campuses.
- Servicing all statutory meetings of Campus as necessary.
- Ensuring that Enterprise Management Systems viz Banner Students and Peoplesoft are being used optimally.
- Ensuring that the preventive maintenance programme and security arrangements of the campus are administered properly.
- Overseeing student accommodation, the Student Guild and the International Student Office.
- Interpreting the Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations and ensuring compliance with same.
- Ensuring prudent budget management.
- Facilitating seamless financial interactions for Five Islands Campus with local internal and external partners.
- Giving oversight to the Marketing and Communication needs of the Five Islands Campus
- The individual should have an accessible and visible leadership style, effective listening skills, good interpersonal and organisational skills and a commitment to collaboration and shared governance.
Please submit application with curriculum vitae and at least three (3) references to reach the University Registrar by February 28, 2020.
Write under confidential cover to the University Registrar, Office of Administration,
The University of the West Indies,
Mona, Kingston 7,
Jamaica, West Indies;
Full CV and application forms, which must be completed and can be obtained at the above address and at http://www.uwi.edu/jobs, must be submitted.
In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the University Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University.