Job Information Data Analyst (Contract) Company InformationJob Information
Company Sagicor Jamaica
Contact Email email@example.com
Job Type Full-time
Department Sagicor Group Jamaica Ltd.
Posted 22-09-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 22-09-2023
Stop Publishing 29-09-2023
“Looking for a diverse and rewarding career?
If you're looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!"
Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to join our Data Analytics team in the capacity of: Data Analyst (Contract)
- Conduct data analysis to provide accurate information in a timely manner to the business.
- Support critical business decisions by analyzing metrics and designing reports.
- Configure and administer data analytics tools, designing reports, and other value-added services to meet the objectives of the business.
- Provide technical support in the design, implementation, maintenance and support of analytic solutions and related support systems for production and development environments.
- Execute the effective design of reports and management information to meet business requirements:
- Meet with internal clients across various functional units to collate and document end user report/ management information requirements.
- Ensure continuous documentation and maintenance of all reports in the company’s report repository.
- Own the reporting project management process to identify user needs, document requirements, develop and document technical, designs and translate them into effective Business Intelligence solution.
- Work with the Business Analyst, Database Administrators, Application Vendors and End User Specialists to determine the best way to structure data, or application functionality to provide effective reporting information for business processes and management decision making.
- Provide consultation on the most effective means to verify reports.
- Ensure accurate documentation of business systems data structures and change control to facilitate accurate business reporting:
- Design and maintain business intelligence (BI) platforms such as Business Objects universes, data warehouses and reporting dashboards to provide accurate BI across all business units:
- Conduct analyses of user requirements and documents requirement for Data Profiling, Modelling and Data Visualisation.
- Utilize and manage Business Objects XI Suite including Designer, Web Intelligence and Desktop Intelligence and any other available business objective tools or functions, in the design of universes to facilitate end-user reporting and data analyses.
- Ensure ongoing assessments and maintenance to ensure thorough control changes to main data quality of the Dashboard/ Visualisation.
- Conduct ongoing data quality assurance to facilitate reporting accuracy, to identify systems anomalies and to meet both internal and regulatory reporting standards.
- Conduct continuous analysis of solutions to tune and optimize analytics solutions, maximize accuracy of reports, and improve overall efficiency.
- Provide configuration and systems administration for the effective implementation of business objects.
- Participate in the implementation of enterprise projects and major systems implementation projects as assigned.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Enterprise Computing or Information Systems or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ working experience in a similar capacity.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with Oracle and MS-SQL relational databases.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong knowledge of database reporting skills using SQL queries or stored procedures.
- Sound knowledge of Data Profiling, Data Modelling and Data Visualisation Process.
- Ability to interface with multiple users at varying levels across the organization.
- Sound knowledge of Business Objects XI Suite and universe design.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to the processing of reports and other tasks.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than September 29, 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.