Job Information Customer Relations Officer (FMG/AT 2) Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Company Government of Jamaica
Contact Name Office of the Services Commission
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type Full-time
Department Executive Agency
Category Customer Service
Posted 04-06-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 04-06-2023
Stop Publishing 14-06-2023
Applications are invited for the following post in the Accountant General’s Department (AGD): Customer Relations Officer (GMG/AM 3), salary range $1,984,305 $2,668,670 per annum
Reporting to the Customer Relations Supervisor, the Customer Relations Officer liaises with the AGD’s customers to facilitate their information and related needs. The incumbent serves internal and external customers by providing relevant information, addressing queries and resolving related complaints and issues, while providing quality service.
Summary of the broad purpose of the position in relation to Government’s goals and strategies:
- To provide relevant, accurate and timely information to customers in accordance with the customers’ needs;
- To provide quality customer service to the Treasury’s customers in accordance with the AGD’s Customer Service Charter;
- To provide Customer feedback to Supervisor to assist in maintaining responsiveness to customer needs.
- Provides accurate and timely information to customers via the Contact Centre or Customer
- Service Desk, in accordance with the AGD’s Customer Service Charter;
- Greets, receives and serves customers at the Customer Service Desk(s) in accordance with the Customer Service Charter;
- Receives calls made to the AGD’s Contact/Call Centre, ascertains nature of call and responds to enquiries or complaints or transfers to relevant staff as necessary, in accordance with the Customer Service Charter;
- Investigates, researches and gathers information and resolves issues or complaints, or escalates to supervisor as necessary, in accordance with the Customer Service Charter;
- Logs and tracks all customer complaints and status on the database;
- Prepares Daily and Weekly Reports along with any other reports or information that may be required with respect to Customer Service, including customer feedback;
- Meets or exceeds performance targets; Deputizes for the Customer Relations Supervisor as and when required; Performs any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Interpersonal skills: The ability to display sensitivity towards others, interact collaboratively with colleagues, to build long term internal and external relationships and gain support to achieve desired objectives
- Customer and Quality Focus: The ability to continuously ensure high standards of quality and service delivery to meet customers’ expectations
- Managing the Customer Interface: Ability to work effectively with others, both internal and external to the Department, to deliver acceptable, customer-oriented and high-quality service
- Oral and Written Communication: The ability to communicate proficiently orally, in writing, and in one-on-one face-to-face, with excellent public speaking skills;
- Use of Technology: The ability to accept and implement information technology in work activities to enhance organizational performance
- Collaboration and Teamwork: The ability to be a collaborative business leader, and an inspiring professional who shows a genuine intention to participate and work co-operatively with others in pursuit of team goals
- Change Management: The ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment and the willingness to respond quickly and positively to change.
- Analytical Thinking, Decision Making, and Problem Solving: The capacity to analyze problems promptly, choose between alternatives, and effect meaningful solutions
- Emotional Intelligence: Possession of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and social skills – The ability to display behaviors appropriate to the AGD’s business and social environment
- Integrity: The ability to consistently demonstrate sound ethical standards, observe the codes of conduct for employees and codes of professional practice, and show consistency between established values and behaviors, in order to build trust and credibility
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Working knowledge of Government Accounting
- Knowledge of the Financial Administration and Audit Act (FAA Act), the Pensions Acts, Regulations, and other relevant statutes and regulations governing the activities of a Treasury
- Knowledge of public Treasury operations
- Working knowledge of banking operations
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Associate Degree in Public Administration or Management Studies from a recognized tertiary institution, or equivalent;
- Three (3) years of experience in customer service or related field.
- Experience working with web-based Customer Service database.
Special Condition Associated with the Job
- Pressured working conditions with numerous critical deadlines.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday, 14th June, 2023 to:
Human Resource Management and Development
Accountant General's Department
Ministry of Finance and the Public Service Complex
30 National Heroes Circle
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.