Job Information Administrative Officer – Procurement (GMG/AM 2) Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Company Government of Jamaica
Contact Name Office of the Services Commission
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type Full-time
Department Executive Agency
Posted 21-03-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 21-03-2023
Stop Publishing 27-03-2023
Applications are invited to fill the following vacant post in the Jamaica Library Service: Administrative Officer – Procurement (GMG/AM 2), Human Resource Management and Administration Division (Headquarters), salary range $1,370,094 – $1,842,625 per annum.
Under the supervision of the Director, Public Procurement the incumbent is responsible for providing general administrative and technical support to the work of the Administration Department.
- Assumes responsibility as Rapporteur for special Meetings/Committees of the Division as required;
- Assists with the preparation of special and routine reports as required;
- Maintains records/files of the HRM&A Division;
- Provides assistance with documenting, compiling and updating Human Resource operational and procedural manuals, other manuals and handbooks;
- Co-ordinates the distribution and monitors the collection of performance management forms to ensure timely completion and adherence to established deadlines by Divisional Head Sand Managers;
- Provides assistance with co-ordination of the recruitment process.
- Provides assistance with the design, administration and analysis of HR audits;
- Provides assistance with the design and analysis of surveys and other information gathering activities undertaken by the Division;
- Provides assistance with the conducting job analysis and the preparation of Job Descriptions;
- Conducts secondary research to support the preparation of technical papers/reports and other activities of the Unit;
- Provides assistance/co-ordinates communication and customer relations activities of the Division;
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of job analysis and writing Job Descriptions
- Knowledge of recruitment and selection principles and practices
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to exercise judgement and initiative in handling complex issues
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral formats
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of research and data analysis techniques
- Proficiency in the use of statistical and other relevant computer applications
- Knowledge of Government of Jamaica Staff Orders and Public Service Regulations Sound knowledge of Public Sector procurement procedures and guidelines
- Sound knowledge of administrative processes
- Knowledge of Staff Orders and other instruments to govern Public Sector Bodies
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications
- High degree of confidentiality and integrity
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Associate Degree/Diploma in Public Administration, Business Administration or related field;
- Two (2) years’ experience in the administration environment especially procurement would be an asset.
Applications accompanied by Résumés should be submitted no later than Monday, 27th March, 2023 to:
Jamaica Library Service
2 Tom Redcam Drive
P.O. Box 58
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.