Job Information Strategic Planner (GMG/SEG 3) Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Company Government of Jamaica
Contact Name Office of the Services Commission
Contact Email email@example.com
Job Type Full-time
Department Ministry of Justice
Posted 14-09-2022Job Status
Start Publishing 14-09-2022
Stop Publishing 28-09-2022
Applications are invited to fill the following vacant post in the Ministry of Legal and Constitutional Affairs: Strategic Planner (GMG/SEG 3) Strategic Planning, Policy, Research and Performance Management Division, salary range $2,551,250 – $3,032,634 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Under the direct supervision of the Director Strategic Planning, Policy, Research and Performance Management, the Corporate Planner co-ordinate the planning processes to facilitate the development of the Ministry’s strategies and implementation of policies in response to the Mission, Vision and Strategic objectives.
The Corporate Planner is responsible for establishing and maintaining a system for integrating the Corporate, Operational Planning through the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation System across the Ministry of Justice and ensures that the Ministry’s Corporate and Operational Plans and Budgets are delivered to the required quality and time standards.
- Facilitates in collaboration with the Management Team of the Ministry, its Departments and Agencies, integrated Corporate Plans and programmes in accordance with Government directives, priorities and the Ministry’s priority policies, programmes and initiatives;
- Ensures that the Ministry’s Corporate Plan and Annual Operational Plan are communicated to the Division/Unit Heads throughout the Ministry, its Departments and Agencies;
- Advises the Permanent Secretary on matters relating to the Ministry’s Corporate Plan;
- Assist the Ministry’s Departments and Agencies with the preparation of their Corporate Plans to be in harmony with that of the Ministry;
- Advises on the monitoring and evaluation processes of the Ministry’s performance against the corporate targets, as well as monitoring the Corporate Planning Process within the Ministry and its Departments and Agencies;
- Advises on the establishment of time frame, performance indicators and target for programmes and activities that are specific, measurable and realistic;
- Analyzes statistical and other information relating to the internal and external environment and ensures relevant application in the preparation of the Corporate Plan;
- Develosp performance indicators to measure and reports on the effectiveness of the Corporate Plan;
- Co-ordinates and prepares the Quarterly Performance Reports of the Ministry’s Departments and Agencies;
- Facilitates the implementation of the Corporate Planning and Evaluation processes in the Ministry;
- Identifies problems and potential barriers to effective implementation of planned programmes and projects;
- Develops strategies to facilitate team building, participation and involvement of all staff in the collaboration of efforts towards achieving corporate objectives;
- Prepares and submits reports as requested;
- Undertakes any other required duties that reasonably fall within the remit of the post.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good knowledge of the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Systems (PMES)
- Thorough knowledge, experience and familiarity with corporate/strategic planning
- Ability to establish mechanisms to ensure suitable performance improvement initiatives
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent leadership skills.
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree: Management Studies or Public Administration. Postgraduate degree in relevant field would be an asset;
- Training in Strategic Management and/or Project Planning
- Three (3) years’ experience in Corporate and Operational Planning and Programme
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Tuesday, 27th September, 2022 to:
Human Resource Management and Development
Ministry of Justice
61 Constant Spring Road,
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.