Job Information Administrative Assistant (GMG/AM 2) Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Company Government of Jamaica
Contact Name Office of the Services Commission
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type Full-time
Department Executive Agency
Posted 04-06-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 04-06-2023
Stop Publishing 14-06-2023
Applications are invited for the following post in the Post and Telecommunications Department: Administrative Assistant (GMG/AM 2)(Vacant), salary range $1,550,136 $2,084,761 per annum.
Under the general direction of the Facilities/Property Maintenance Manager, the Administrative Assistant is required to manage, organize, monitor, and Execute Administrative duties/functions pertaining to the operations of the Office.
Management And Administrative
- Co-ordinates and implements office services activities such as purchases, record control;
- Organizes and schedules all office activities;
- Collaborates with Supervisor in the preparation of Individual Work Plan for signing and submission;
- Participates in the co-ordination of special projects;
- Ensures the maintenance of efficient and effective Records and Information Management System to facilitate ease of access to information and speedy retrieval;
- Ensures the security of official and confidential records;
- Assists in the development of Operational and Strategic Plans for the Unit;
- Assists in the development of Budgets and Monthly Cash flows.
- Types, formats, edits, revises, proofreads and processes a variety of documents and forms including general correspondence, notices, reports, applications, permits, memos, agreements, statistical charts and other documents from rough draft or verbal instructions;
- Compiles, prepares, and enters data into a computer from various sources including accounting, statistical, and related documents;
- Processes correspondence including receiving, sorting, time-stamping, logging, and distributing incoming and outgoing correspondence and packages;
- Creates and maintains computer-based tracking information and reports including assigned databases, records, and lists; input corrections and updates;
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date office files and records for the Branch;
- Assists in the procurement of goods and services for the Branch by calling suppliers, preparing requests for quotation and other document to send to suppliers;
- Assists with the preparation of tender documents/lease agreements etc.
- Assists with the preparation of Maintenance Schedules;
- Conducts follow-up through calls and writing reminders to procurement/suppliers/contactors on the deadlines to be met;
- Prepares attendance reports for the Branch for submission to Human Resource Management and Development Branch;
- Conducts research for information request by the Manager;
- Composes routine correspondence; copies, disseminates, and posts documents and information as appropriate;
- Provides information related to specific programme area of assignment;
- Prepares Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Reports in consultation with Manager;
- Maintains calendar of activities, meetings, and various events for the Manager;
- Schedules and organizes meetings for the Manager;
- In consultation with the Manager; co-ordinates meetings with new and existing clients to inform them about new developments in relation to matters being prepared by the Branch;
- Serves as Recording Secretary for meetings hosted by the Facilities/Properties Branch;
- Provides support in the monitoring and assessment of customer satisfaction;
- Monitors and follows-up on documents/corresponds dispatched to internal Divisions and external offices to ensure timely feedback;
- Monitors inventories of stationery, supplies and materials and request same as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent planning and organizing skills;
- Excellent problem-solving and decision making skills;
- Knowledge of Administrative or office management practices and principles.
- Knowledge of Government of Jamaica Records and Information Management practices and principles.
- Knowledge of The operation of Government/ Department policies and procedures
- Research Skills
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Four (4) CSEC subjects at the general level with grades 13/GCE O’ Level subjects grades A-C including mathematics/numeric subject and English Language; plus
- Certificate in Business Administration, Management Studies and Public Administration from a recognized tertiary institution or Diploma in Administrative Management from the Management Institute for National Development (MIND).
- At least two (2) years related experience.
Special Conditions Associated with The Job:
- Maybe required to work beyond regular working hours.
- Typical office environment, no adverse working conditions.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday, 14th June, 2023 to:
Director, Human Resource Management and Development
Post and Telecommunications Department
6-10 South Camp Road
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.