Job Information Account Reconciliation Officer (Contract) Company InformationJob Information
Company Sagicor Jamaica
Contact Email email@example.com
Job Type Full-time
Department Sagicor Group Jamaica Ltd.
Posted 22-09-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 22-09-2023
Stop Publishing 29-09-2023
"Looking for a diverse and rewarding career?
If you're looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!"
Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to join our Insurance Accounting team in the capacity of: Account Reconciliation Officer (Contract)
As an Account Reconciliation Officer, you will:
- Assist the Finance Manager in maintaining an accurate General Ledger for Group Premiums Due, Suspense and any other assigned accounts for Sagicor Life Jamaica/Cayman.
- Ensure that all relevant transactions are appropriately recorded and that the ledger reflects the true financial condition of the company.
- Perform daily and monthly reconciliations of the Group Premiums Due, Suspense and other assigned accounts and follow-up on all discrepancies between the sub ledgers and the General Ledger SUN system.
- Perform or monitor key internal control procedures, surrounding the Group Premiums Due, Suspense and other assigned accounts.
- Perform processes to ensure that subledger results are appropriately incorporated into the general ledger.
- Make suggestions/ recommendations to improve the processes over Group Premiums Due, Suspense and other account reconciliations. Ensure that all exception situations are resolved/escalated on a timely basis
- Liaise with key stakeholders such as SSIT, Group Insurance Services and the Financial Systems Administrator as needed.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Studies, Accounting or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ working experience with reconciliations and/or analyses.
- Ability to use your initiative to ensure timely and effective results are achieved.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Sound knowledge in the use of computer software packages including spreadsheets and word processing applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact credibly and comfortably at all levels.
- Attention to details and excellent time management skills.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than September 29, 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.