Job Information Web Developer/Programmer (MIS/IT 5) Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Company Government of Jamaica
Contact Name Office of the Services Commission
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type Full-time
Department Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation
Posted 21-03-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 21-03-2023
Stop Publishing 27-03-2023
Applications are invited to/fill be assigned to the following post in the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation (MEGJC): Web Developer/Programmer (MIS/IT 5) (Vacant) Information and Communication Technology Branch, salary range $3,332,803 $4,482,249 per annum.
To design, develop and implement software solutions to enable the different Units/Departments and users in the Ministry to carry out their functions effectively and efficiently; and maintain and design the contents of the Ministry website and intranet to ensure currency and accuracy.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-wide web base software solutions for use in the Ministry;
- Programmes and updates the Ministry’s Intranet and Website;
- Performs upgrades and modifications to existing software systems to reflect changing user requirements and technology in a dynamic environment;
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems;
- Performs user requirement needs to guide software development;
- Develops programme flow logic diagram to guide software development;
- Codes and tests software solutions on software development platform used in house.
- Rolls out custom cloud software to users;
- Trains users in the use of custom and commercial software;
- Researches and tests commercial software of interest to the Ministry and make recommendations to supervisor;
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Ministry’s Website and Intranet, including updates, maintenance, and ongoing development;
- Oversees and co-ordinates content management and user experience and create and maintain a consistent website architectural structure;
- Maintains accurate documentation of all custom developed software solutions including source codes and programme logic flow diagram;
- Liaises with Heads of Divisions, HR and PR to gather relevant and up to date information for website;
- Finds, diagnoses and fixes website problems, including broken links (both internal and external), typographical errors, and formatting inconsistencies;
- Conducts online satisfaction survey to measure level of satisfaction with newly developed/deployed systems;
- Proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of systems, website usability and functionality;
- Documents software changes to reflect modification, upgrades etc.;
- Prepares Individual Work Plan based on strategic alignment with Operational Plan of the Division;
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Demonstrated use of initiatives
- Quick learner and working knowledge of software design, development and implementation on a network platform
- Working knowledge of the development and use of Client/Server applications
- Good Knowledge of the Windows 2003/2008 network platform.
- Good knowledge of SQL Server, VB 6, C-Sharp, PHP, SharePoint, Photo Shop and .NET (or later versions) platforms.
- Good knowledge of Programming concept and practice
- Working knowledge of Open Source Platforms and solutions
- Ability to communicate with and understand the requirements of professional staff in area of specialty
- Ability to code program from program logic diagram
- Good software documentation skills
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in ICT with emphasis on Software Development;
- Two (2) years of experience in related field.
- Specify Licensing or Certification Necessary for the Job
- Professional certification (MCSD, MCPD) in software development is highly desirable.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Monday, 27th March, 2023 to:
Human Resource Management and Development
Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation
The Towers, 25 Dominica Drive
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.