The Courtyard by Marriott Kingston, Jamaica is seeking to employ an Accounting Supervisor
Organize, secure and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with policies and procedures and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/ or computers. Prepare, review, reconcile and issue bills, invoices and account statements according ko company procedures. Follow-up and resolve past due accounts and vendor invoices until payment in received or resolved.
- Ensure the operations of the accounting department run smoothly, oversee the work of the work of junior staff.
- Check figures, postings, cash and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy
- Complete period-end closing procedures and reports
- Prepare payroll, statutory returns and payments |
- Assist with the preparation of Audit schedules and responding to audit queries.
- Classify, record and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/or computers
- Maintain accurate electronic spreadsheets for financial and accounting data