Job Information Purchasing Officer Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Job Type Full-time
Posted 23-09-2022Job Status
Start Publishing 23-09-2022
Stop Publishing 08-10-2022
A forward-thinking food service business requires the talent of a suitably qualified candidate who can “step up to the plate” as Purchasing Officer
The role of the Purchasing Officer is to source and purchase goods and services relating to the operations of all branches in accordance with stipulated procurement guidelines and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source and procure the required products, ingredients, raw materials, general supplies and services for the business.
- Negotiate best prices, deals and service contracts in the interest of the business and in accordance with its cost-efficiency guidelines and practices.
- Maintain good supplier relationships.
- Source new suppliers and conduct background checks as necessary.
- Organize and monitor timely deliveries to all locations ensuring that products are of good quality with no damages or expiry.
- Monitor and ensure that inventory levels are in keeping with business guidelines.
- Organize and conduct stock and cycle counts.
- Ensure cost containment and monitor control mechanisms.
- Update inventory system/software ensuring that retail prices are correct.
Required Skill and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in food service management, business, logistics or related field of study.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working as a purchasing officer.
- Prior experience in the food service industry is required.
- Proficiency in the use of inventory systems and programmes.
- Superior organization and planning skills.
- Flexible with the ability to be effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
Suitable candidates may email their applications and resumes
to email@example.com by Friday, September 30, 2022