Job Information Merchant Relationship Officer Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Company Sagicor Jamaica
Contact Email email@example.com
Job Type Full-time
Department Sagicor Bank Jamaica Ltd.
Posted 02-12-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 02-12-2023
Stop Publishing 08-12-2023
"Looking for a diverse and rewarding career? If you're looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!"
Sagicor Bank Jamaica Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to join our Strategic Business Development team in the capacity of: Merchant Relationship Officer
As A Merchant Relationship Officer, you will:
- Manage an assigned portfolio of clients and identifying new prospects to achieve the Bank’s assigned financial targets.
- Analyze the clients’ business and provide solutions that address merchant specific business needs.
- Perform all sales related activities, which includes cross selling all Retail Banking and Cards and Payments products and services.
- Handle client inquiries and deliver excellent service through communication and teamwork.
- Manage relationships assigned to ensure growth in the value of the region/ sector of the merchant base assigned.
- Conduct regular on-site meetings with clients to determine direction, issues and opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to deepen/ expand the relationship with merchants.
- Ensure point of sale devices are being used and provide feedback/ escalate any merchant challenges.
- Build rapport with key personnel at merchant facilities.
- Establish and maintain strong professional relationship/ connections internally and externally.
- Increase market share of the card business by cultivating and pursuing sales leads, selling and cross selling the division’s products and services.
- Ensure full awareness of all products provided and is constantly updated on all changes and amendments on product features, procedures, and processes.
- Identify and solicit new opportunities for point-of-sale services.
- Work with supervisor/ manager to develop sales initiatives to support the department and other business lines.
- Participates in the preparation of sales prospect proposals.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on the performance of assigned merchants against budget
- Keep abreast of developments in the card payments industry.
- Attend seminars/ workshops by payment processing networks (MasterCard/ Visa) for awareness and recommend to same merchants where suitable.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Banking and Finance, Information Technology, Marketing, Management Studies, or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution.
- At least three (3) years’ working experience in the financial industry with experience in sales and or marketing.
- Strong client-centric focus with passion for consistently providing superior service.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and achieve assigned targets.
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- High degree of confidentiality.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to adapt/ respond on short notice.
- Good communication skills – oral and written.
- Working knowledge of computer software packages such as word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Mobility to travel to clients at their place of business.
- Strong influencing skills, including channel development, sales process, and client referral skills.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than December 8, 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.