Job Information Information Systems Administrator - Level 9 Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Job Type Full-time
Posted 06-12-2021Job Status
Start Publishing 06-12-2021
Stop Publishing 01-01-2022
Applications are invited for the post of Information Systems Administrator - Level 9
The Information Systems Administrator assists the Network and Operating Systems Services Manager with the planning and development of the University’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure, and is directly responsible for its maintenance and operations.
The incumbent is also responsible for the administration of the University’s Data Center, including the design, configuration and management of the University’s servers, storage and core systems to maintain optimal performance, availability and security. He/she will also be integrally involved in the design and development of ICT disaster recovery and business continuity solutions.
- The successful candidate should possess a B.Sc. in Computer Studies/Science with a major in Information Technology Networks or equivalent qualifications. Post Graduate certification in advanced Information Technology Networks is required.
- At least four (4) years’ experience in an IT environment with hands on experience relevant to Information Systems Administration. Two years should have been spent in a supervisory role.
- Current hands-on experience in supervising and operating a substantially virtualized Data Center environment.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, DC, DHCP, DNS, Avaya IP PBX, Microsoft Exchange, VMware, Windows/Linux Server, Storage Area Network, Backup and Anti-Malware systems administration.
- Working knowledge of M365 administration and Gigabit Network Topology is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of Information Systems security principles and practices.
- Good knowledge of major Operating Systems (e.g. Windows, Linux and Unix).
- Good knowledge of computer hardware (e.g. PCs, Servers and UPS) configuration, deployment, operation and maintenance.
- Good understanding of Information Systems processes and operations of core applications in a University environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good project management and time management skills.
Interested applicants seeking a career opportunity and who meet the specified requirements are invited to submit electronically a job application letter and a detailed resume with subject line Information Systems Administrator for consideration to email@example.com by 3:45 p.m. Friday, December 31, 2021 or to:
Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer
University of Technology, Jamaica
237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6