Job Information Human Resource and Administration Executive (Grade 7) Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Company Government of Jamaica
Contact Name Office of the Services Commission
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type Full-time
Department Executive Agency
Category Human Resources
Posted 23-11-2022Job Status
Start Publishing 23-11-2022
Stop Publishing 01-12-2022
Applications are invited to fill the vacant post of Human Resource and Administration Executive (Grade 7) in the Administrator General’s Department, salary range $3,338,707 $5,064,271 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
To develop and implement strategies, policies, procedures and programmes to provide effective Human Resources and development support to management and staff and to ensure the retention of a competent, productive and engaged cadre of staff to execute the Agency’s Mandate, goals and objectives;
- To direct the provision of effective administration and support services to maintain a clean, safe and facilitating environment;
- As a member of the Executive Management Team, the incumbent is required to:
- Participate in establishing the strategic priorities and objectives
- Provide quality leadership by consistently demonstrating the Core Values and providing appropriate guidance to his/her team to facilitate their professional and personal development as well as ensuring the availability of the breadth and depth of technical talent required to sustain the Division and attain established corporate objectives.
- Leads the development of the Division’s Operational Plan and Budget; monitors performance and makes/recommends necessary changes to enable the Division’s achievement against established targets;
- Leads the periodic review of the HR Policies and Procedures Manuals to enable the operations of the Division to remain consistent with GoJ’s and internal Agency policy changes and ensures staff adheres to them. Ensures Human Resource policies and procedures are administered equitably and review and revise same as appropriate;
- Establishes and maintains effective external relationships/contacts to support the work of the Agency as appropriate; represents the Agency on external meetings and other functions as required;
- Reviews and responds to internal and external audit findings and monitors the implementation of accepted recommendations;
- Provides advice to Executives and Managers on matters relating to Human Resource Management and administration.
Human Resource Management:
- Directs the development and oversees the implementation of Training and Development policy that fosters a culture of continuous learning and the creation of a learning Organization;
- Oversees the development and implementation of an Orientation Programme that provides new recruits with an understanding of the Agency’s policies and procedures and facilitates quick and smooth transition into the its culture;
- Develops and administers a Succession Planning Programme to ensure the availability and continuity of key managerial and technical competencies to meet the needs of the
- Agency and provides opportunities for employees’ growth and career advancement;
- Develops and implements a Performance Management System that effectively rewards quality performance and provides encouragement and motivation to staff; manages Staff Reward and Recognition Programme;
- Co-ordinates the review/design of Job Descriptions, periodically conducts job classification and evaluation to ensure currency of jobs and maintenance of equity and competitiveness;
- Monitors the administration of the Discipline and Grievance Procedures ensuring consistency and fairness, and the promotion of a harmonious and productive work environment;
- Leads the design and oversees the implementation of Staff Welfare and Benefits Programmes ensuring equity and transparency in their administration;
- Develops and implements strategic programmes to promote a healthy and proactive Industrial Relations Climate within the Agency;
- Develops and administers Compensation System for all management and permanent staff.
- Oversees the administration of the Procurement Function ensuring compliance with Government guidelines;
- Leads the periodic review to ensure consistent compliance and robustness of the process to minimize waste and provide value for money;
- Oversees and ensures an effective maintenance programme is in place for the Agency’s physical assets; manages and ensures adequate insurance coverage is provided;
- Monitors and ensures the timely and efficient administration of office and ancillary support services including receptionist, messenger, housekeeping and security;
- Monitors the delivery of Property Management Services provided by landlord and leads negotiations for the renewal of rent;
- Evaluates periodically the effectiveness of existing systems and makes recommendations for changes where necessary to minimise cost and increase efficiency.
- Provides leadership, to direct reports by setting clear work objectives, providing timely feedback, engaging in regular communication and providing support as necessary to enable the effective execution of their responsibilities and the achievement of their objectives;
- Directs the development and oversees the implementation of initiatives to promote teamwork and co-operation across the Division and contributes to building an environment which stimulates, motivates and keeps employees highly engaged;
- Undertakes Human Resource related duties including selection, training, discipline and approval of leave for Department staff in accordance with the Agency Policies and Procedures;
- Ensures the adherence of direct reports to established Human Resource requirements in order to create and maintain a cadre of highly motivated and productive employees across the Division.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Sound technical expertise at a level to be regarded as subject matter expert
- Excellent knowledge Labour Laws and industrial relations practices
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with good presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage, influence and lead teams
- Excellent negotiating, interviewing and counselling skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Human Resource Development;
- Seven (7) years progressive work experience in Human Resource Management;
- Four (4) years’ experience at a senior management level.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Wednesday, 30th November 2022 to:
Human Resource and Administration Executive
Administrator General’s Department
12 Ocean Boulevard
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.