COUNCIL OF LEGAL EDUCATION, NORMAN MANLEY LAW SCHOOL
RING ROAD, P.0. BOX 231, KINGSTON 7, JAMAICA, W.I.
Tutor - NORMAN MANLEY LAW SCHOOL LEGAL AID CLINIC
The Council of Legal Education invites applications from Attorneys-at-Law qualified to practice law in the Commonwealth Caribbean for the post of Tutor at the Norman Manley Law School Legal Aid Clinic, 18 Gibraltar Hall Road, UWI Mona Campus, Kingston 7, Jamaica.
- The Tutor in the Legal Aid Clinic will be required to supervise and instruct students in the clinical aspects of their training and representing clients of the Legal Aid Clinic in Court.
- The successful applicant will be expected to assume duties on Monday, September 6, 2021. Applicants must be Attorneys-at-Law with at least five (5) years of practical and professional experience.
- The position is full-time and no outside employment may be undertaken without the prior approval of the Principal of the Norman Manley Law School. The appointment will be on contract for three (3) years in the first instance and is renewable.
- Knowledge of the laws of the Commonwealth Caribbean is essential. Applicants are expected to have experience in information and communications technology.
Applicants should demonstrate competence in the following areas:
- Litigation — Criminal and Civil Practice
- Land Matters
- Family Practice
Qualifications and/or experience in various aspects of educational pedagogy including teaching and learning methodologies, assessment and evaluation techniques would be an asset.
Six (6) copies of the following documents are required:-
Letter of application
Curriculum vitae and supporting documents
Three (3) letters of recommendation
To be submitted no later than June 17, 2021 to:
NORMAN MANLEY LAW SCHOOL
8 Ring Road, P.0. Box 231
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.