Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position within the Human Resource Management & Development Unit, at the National Land Agency.
TRAINING OFFICER - (TEMPORARY) One (1) year and five (5) Months
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Administrator, Human Resource Development
- To conduct training needs surveys.
- To plan, develop, implement and evaluate training programmes on a continuing basis for all categories of staff.
- To manage the preparation and implementation of training and development Programmes.
- To monitor and review the impact of training and development Programmes.
- Participates in the development and coordination of the Agency‘s training Programmes.
- Ensures that training equipment /technology are in working order and in place at training events.
- Ensures that training materials are available for training courses / workshops.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection process of staff for the Agency.
Technical /Professional Responsibilities
- Assists with conducting training needs surveys and analysis of data
- Assists with the design ,development and implementation of training plans and Programmes
- Communicates to Divisional Heads the availability of courses to meet needs and making recommendations regarding suitability
- Liaises with Divisional Heads in providing guidance in identifying training needs of their staff by discussing staff performance and their performance appraisals
- Provides information and guidance to staff regarding their self –development and the determination and pursuit of a career path
- Assists in the planning and preparation of the annual training budget and monitoring training expenditures
- Participates in the development and implementation of appropriate tools for measuring the effectiveness of training in relation to objectives
- Coordinates and monitors on-the-job and self –directed training, and schedules training where required with line managers
- Performs other related duties assigned from time to time by the Supervisor/Manager.
The post-holder should be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent Knowledge of training needs surveys and analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of planning, developing and implementing training programmes
- Good planning, organizing and event coordinating skills.
- Competence in interviewing.
- Practical knowledge in designing training Programmes.
- Good interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Working knowledge of relevant computer systems and applications
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management/Development or equivalent qualification
- Training of Trainers Diploma or Diploma in Teacher Education with three years’ experience.
Remuneration Package :- Salary Range : $1,892,725.00- $2,032,449.00 p.a.
A letter of application accompanied by a Résumé should be submitted no later than June 25, 2021 to email@example.com for the attention of:
The Director, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
8 Ardenne Road
We appreciate all responses but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.