Jamaica Civil Aviation Authority invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
The Systems Technician is responsible for ensuring the stable operation of the in-house and cloud-based ICT infrastructure and services. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all hardware, software, and communication links. The incumbent will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required.
He/She is required to ensure that the data in the I.T. Service Desk is up to date and provide responses to users in a timely manner in keeping with the I.T. Service Standard. An important focus of the role is to fulfil the Department’s Desktop Support obligation through a combination of remote support and hands-on assistance to end-users.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Computer Science or related subject from a recognized institution
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL v4) Foundation Certificate
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the administration and maintenance of Information Communication Technology Infrastructure platforms. This must include one (1) year experience supporting any of the following:
- Microsoft 365, Microsoft Windows Server & Azure Active Directory
- Cisco Network, PBX, Firewall & Security Services
- VMWare/Veeam Infrastructure
- McAfee End Point Security Software
KEY TECHNICAL/OCCUPATIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Working technical knowledge of ICT networks and Server and PC operating systems, including Windows and Linux
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft 365, Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including CICSO Firewall and Switches, VMWare Hypervisor, McAfee End Point protection and Milestone CCTV Platforms.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good initiative and self-motivation
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time-management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Applicants who satisfy the job requirements should submit electronic applications using the online portal only.
Cover Letters should be addressed to:
JAMAICA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY
4 WINCHESTER ROAD
All applications should be submitted by August 26, 2022 using the online portal.
Click Here to Apply Now
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.