Job Information Systems Analyst - Level 9 Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Job Type Full-time
Posted 06-12-2021Job Status
Start Publishing 06-12-2021
Stop Publishing 01-01-2022
Applications are invited for the post of: Systems Analyst - Level 9
The Systems Analyst provides, or works on teams that interface with consultants and/or vendors contracted to apply, technical and problem-solving principles and techniques in designing, developing, documenting, testing, evaluating and maintaining software and computer systems to meet the needs of users. The Systems Analyst also provides training support, as necessary, and liaises with the application owners in the various divisions to provide user support for these systems.
- The successful candidate will possess a B.Sc. in Computer Studies/Science, Information Systems or Software Engineering, or equivalent qualifications.
- Certification in software development or systems administration is required.
- Three (3) years’ work experience in systems analysis and software development in a large organization.
- Proven ability to successfully manage and support client/server and web-based application deployments.
- Detailed knowledge of the principles and practices of SQL database management.
- Good knowledge of software/application security principles and practices.
- Good knowledge of business analytics and reporting tools such as Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Windows Server, Linux and UNIX operating systems.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio software.
- Good project management and time management skills.
- Good understanding of information systems processes and operations of enterprise applications in a University environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Formal training in Project Management would also be an asset.
Interested applicants seeking a career opportunity and who meet the specified requirements are invited to submit electronically a job application letter and a detailed resume with subject line Systems Analyst for consideration to email@example.com by 3:45 p.m. Friday, December 31, 2021 or to:
Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer
University of Technology, Jamaica
237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6