Job Information Shipping Manager Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Job Type Full-time
Posted 07-01-2022Job Status
Start Publishing 07-01-2022
Stop Publishing 22-01-2022
Distribution · Longsville Park, N/A
The Shipping Manager's responsibilities includes accountability for inbound and outbound products, as well as adherence to legislative, health and safety and organizational policies and procedures. The incumbent will have oversight over the entire physical property, the maintenance of the facility and has overriding authorization as it relates to security, QMS, people and overall access, but within the guidelines of the relevant Shared Services’ departments.
The incumbent will accomplish effective logistical oversight through strong leadership and decision-making skills. He or she will review, analyze, assess, and implement strategies and initiatives to ensure full efficiencies in terms of cost, time, and people, to the shipping and sales functions at the location.
- Manage the reception, handling, distribution, and storage of all products.
- Manage the shipping team at the location, including training requirements, performance evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Ensure all orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Implement and monitor performance metrics for shipping and receiving, and maintain strict control over inventory levels to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the facility including Maintenance, Inventory Control, Sales Accounting, and the Drivers.
- Ensure warehouses are kept in good working conditions and properly maintained.
- Manage the routes to maximize usage of delivery trucks and ensure delivery efficiencies.
- Prepare and manage the expense budgets.
- Review daily Reports.
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements to prevent loss, damage, or spoilage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- Manage the reporting, receival and dispatch of fuel.
- Organizing security and general administrative services.
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- Advising on energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies and facilities.
- Any other duties assigned.
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in warehousing, logistics, distribution or similar.
- In depth understanding of warehousing systems, distribution channel management, procurement, business planning.
- First degree from an accredited institution ideally in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Logistics, Project Management and/or Business Management.
- Strong understanding of maintenance and refrigeration.
- Strong analytical skills for planning and budgeting.
- Good people manager with excellent communication skills.