SENIOR SPORTS PRODUCER TVJ/TVJSN
ROLE AND CORE FUNCTION OF THE JOB
The Senior Sports Producer is responsible for the production of features and sporting properties aired on TVJ/TVJSN. This individual will read, research and assess ideas and finished scripts, organize shoot schedules and supervise the progress of projects from production to post production. The incumbent will have a hands-on role producing items, including programme inserts and/or longer programmes and live productions.
EDUCATION AND RELATED EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication/ Television Broadcasting or the equivalent
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience working in a Production or Sports Department of a television station
- Thorough knowledge of television production for live and pre-recorded broadcast
- Ability to co-ordinate the production process to ensure consistency with standards
- Knowledge of the history and rules of various sports (particularly those popular in Jamaica)
- Liaise with the relevant Managers and Senior Art Director, in formulating plans for the production of the sporting events for TVJ and TVJSN.
- Supervise the production of features in conjunction with other relevant managers.
- Conceptualize and execute strategic promotions for major sporting properties acquired
- Solicit the appropriate resources so as to facilitate completion of assignments.
Qualified candidates should send their applications no later than February 18, 2019 to:
Subject: Senior Sports Producer
We thank all applicants but only those shortlisted will be contacted.