Job Information Secretary (OPS/SS 2) Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Company Government of Jamaica
Contact Name Office of the Services Commission
Contact Email email@example.com
Job Type Full-time
Department Executive Agency
Posted 03-12-2022Job Status
Start Publishing 03-12-2022
Stop Publishing 17-12-2022
Applications are invited for the following post in the Institute of Forensic Science and Legal Medicine: Secretary (OPS/SS 2) – (Not Vacant), salary range $1,124,500 – $1,512,328 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
The incumbent is responsible for performing all administrative and secretarial duties required by the Director, in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Prepares reports using Microsoft Office;
- Records dictation from the Director and reproduces;
- Prepares correspondence, reports and other administrative documents for the signature of the Director;
- Prepares and distributes Agenda and Minutes of meetings;
- Conducts research and gathers information;
- Maintains an efficient Filing System;
- Establishes and maintains a system of control for policy, classified and confidential documents;
- Schedules and co-ordinates meetings, special events and/or other similar activities for the Director;
- Maintains adequate supplies of stationery and office supplies;
- Liaises with external Agencies on calibration, schedule service and repairs;
- Serves of as recording secretary on committee(s);
- Maintains up-to-date Report files by:
- Collating, filing and compiling Progress Reports, Annual Report and Annual Performance Reports Distributes copies of these reports to the relevant persons
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned by the Director from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Advanced knowledge of computerized management and the relevant computer applications
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Records Management and Office Procedures
- Good time management skills
- Advanced word processing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communicate skills
- Manage interpersonal communication and relationship
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- CXC or GCE O’ Level English Language or equivalent with proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 40-45 words per minute; successful completion of the prescribed Office Professional Training Course at the Management Institute for National Development (MIND);
- CXC or GCE O’ Level English Language with proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 40-45 words per minute and training in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Graduated from an accredited Secretarial School with at least three (3) years’ experience in the field;
At this level, Shorthand at a speed of 80-100 words per minute would be an asset.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Thursday, 15th December, 2022 to:
Human Resource and Welfare Management (Acting)
Institute of Forensic Science and Legal Medicine
2½ Hope Boulevard
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.