The Jamaica Teachers’ Association (JTA) invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Secretary at the South Central Regional Office, Mandeville, Manchester.
The individual will provide full administrative support to the Regional Officer ensuring that all functions and activities are executed innovatively, creatively and with the highest level of professionalism, accuracy and customer satisfaction.
Minimum Qualification & Experience
- A Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) Diploma or Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognized institution
- Computer literacy with a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A minimum of 2 years related experience
- Knowledge of the Code of Regulations
- Knowledge of Accounting
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Co-ordinating activities in the Regional Office in the absence of the Regional Officer
- Receiving Teachers’ complaints in the absence of the Regional Office
- Drafting and typing letters
- Planning regional meetings
- Assisting District and Parish Associations with meetings and queries
- Must have excellent ICT skills, knowledge and competence including Microsoft, Publisher.
- Must be highly confidential and able to work on own initiative
- Must have excellent and oral communication skills
- Must be an effective planner and co-ordinator
- Must exhibit superior customer service to internal and external customer
Application with resume and two (2) references should be
submitted by April 30, 2021 to:
The Deputy Secretary General, Administration, HRD & Finance
Jamaica Teachers’ Association
97B Church Street