Job Information Public Procurement Officer (GMG/AM 3) Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Company Government of Jamaica
Contact Name Office of the Services Commission
Contact Email email@example.com
Job Type Full-time
Department Executive Agency
Posted 03-12-2022Job Status
Start Publishing 03-12-2022
Stop Publishing 17-12-2022
Applications are invited for the following post in the Institute of Forensic Science and Legal Medicine: Public Procurement Officer (GMG/AM 3) – (Vacant), salary range $1,753,837 – $2,358,715 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Under the supervision of the Director, Public Procurement the incumbent will be responsible for organizing and administering all records management activities within the Public Procurement Unit in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
- Ensures timely preparation of all Purchase Orders;
- Prepares letters and memoranda for the Unit as directed;
- Receives, logs and dispatches internal and external correspondence;
- Assists with following-up suppliers of goods and services;
- Maintains the Procurement Log Book;
- Makes photocopies of all procurement document in duplicates;
- Updates Expenditure Listing in real time;
- Prepares monthly reports
- Ensures proper filing of all procurement/documents requests;
- Advises Director Public Procurement of expected deliveries;
- Makes contact with other Departments and provides updates related to their requests;
- Files permits and follow-ups on permit approval;
- Maintains proper records and Filing System;
- Updates Database of suppliers and Database of Permits;
- Logs incoming mail and writes up internal and external Mail Dispatch Book;
- Answers calls when officers are not at their desk or filter calls where necessary;
- Maintains staff confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- knowledge of FAA Act and Staff Orders,
- knowledge of Government Procurement Procedures
- Use of technology Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications (Microsoft Office)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Customer and quality focus
- Teamwork and co-operation
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good planning and organizing skills
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Associate Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or other related field from a recognized tertiary institution;
- Specialized training in Public Procurement would be an asset;
- One (1) year related work experience.
Special Condition Associated with the Job
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Thursday, 15th December, 2022 to:
Human Resource and Welfare Management (Acting)
Institute of Forensic Science and Legal Medicine
2½ Hope Boulevard
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.