Job Information Personal Banking Officer – Corporate Area Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Company Sagicor Jamaica
Contact Email email@example.com
Job Type Full-time
Department Sagicor Bank Jamaica Ltd.
Posted 01-02-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 01-02-2023
Stop Publishing 13-02-2023
“Looking for a diverse and rewarding career?
If you're looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!"
Sagicor Bank Jamaica Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to join our team in the capacity of: Personal Banking Officer – Corporate Area
As a Personal Banking Officer, you will:
- Deliver a superior client experience and sales goals by assisting clients with their full range of financial needs including day to day banking, for both business and personal clients, providing personal credit facility, financing their home and investment for the future.
- Take a client focused approach to effectively assess client financial needs, provide advice and propose product/service solutions that meet these needs.
- Identify additional client needs for cross-selling opportunities with the goal of deepening client relationships and building long-term profitable relationships.
- Focus on anchor new and existing clients through effective contact strategies tailored to the clients’ circumstances.
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners to optimize business opportunities and referrals.
- Provide superior service to all personal clients, consistent with Sagicor Client Service Standards at every point of contact
- Take ownership and accountability of clients’ problems at first point of contact.
- Escalate concerns and make referrals to Assistant Manager – Branch Operations, or Branch Manager when appropriate.
- Build both internal and external networks to capitalize on business opportunities and referrals including asking existing clients for referrals of friends and family.
- Work with the branch and credit teams in the achievement of growth targets and the achievement of the Bank’s Business and Strategic Plan related to retail sales.
- Initiate Business Development through presentations to groups/companies.
- Make proactive and loyalty calls to client/prospects.
- Utilize effective client discovery techniques during client interaction to better understand the client’s situation, needs and in order to propose the appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrate commitment to cross enterprise partnering by positioning the benefits of solutions offered by Sagicor Group Limited and engaging in-branch or group partners to meet needs of clients.
- Leverage tools, calculators, and resources to provide advice that will allow clients to make informed decisions.
- Identify potential problems with loan applications and arrive at workable solutions prior to submission to processing.
- Follow up with clients after sales/service.
- Represent the Bank at sales events as required.
- Request Collateral release from the Disbursement Unit.
- Assist in the review and action of overdrawn account report.
- Assist in actioning un-posted /rejected cheque reports.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking & Finance, Business Administration, or a related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- At least two (2) years’ working experience in the area of credit or security in a financial institution.
- Experience in Sales or Selling techniques.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge and training in Credit and Security would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s Credit policies and procedures.
- High degree of accuracy and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA) and Asset and Liability Committee (ALCO).
- Strong selling, negotiating and customer service skills.
- High degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than February 13, 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.