Job InformationJob InformationDescription
New!Operations Steward Company Information
Job Type Full-time
Posted 11-10-2021Job Status
Start Publishing 10-10-2021
Stop Publishing 30-10-2021
The Jamaica Racing Commission, a Statutory Body under the purview of the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service invites applicants from suitable qualified persons to be trained as Operations Steward and as a Steward of race meetings.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Strong work ethics
- A good educational background
- Ability to multitask and sound organizational skills
- Ability to employ tact and discretion in dealing with the wide cross section of persons in the Racing Industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work on Saturdays, some Sundays and Public Holidays
As Trainee Operations Steward, the successful incumbent will be trained in all technical aspects of the Commission’s activities within the racing inﬁustry and for interpreting and enforcing the Rules of Racing.
Additionally, as Steward of the race meeting, the incumbent is a member of the panel that has sole responsibility for overseeing, regulating, controlling, monitoring and adjudicating upon the conduct of the promoters, officials, owners, nominators, trainers, jockeys, grooms, persons attendant to horses and all other persons frequenting the stands or other places used for the purpose of race meetings on race days.
Interested persons should submit applications no later thaN 29th October, 2021
Via email to: Personnel and Administrative Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY short listed applicants will be contacted
PREVIOUS applicants should not apply