Applications are invited fill the following post in the Ministry of Labour and Social Security: Monthly Payroll Officer (FMG/AT 2)
Under the direct supervision of the Payroll Manager the incumbent will have direct responsibility for the control and payment of salaries and wages for monthly paid staff.
- To ensure the operation of an effective and efficient payroll system Salary Computation
- Has direct responsibility for monthly payrolls (Permanent and Temporary Monthly paid staff) in respect of the Ministry of Labour and Social Security;
- Ensures that all relevant information in connection with the payment of salaries are properly entered to the Payroll System. This includes:
- salary particulars in respect of new employees
- new appointments (promotions) and acting appointments details of deductions to be made from salary transfers, resignation, dismissals, Study Leave, Vacation Leave and dates of resumption.
- Checks and ensures that salary is correctly computed by the system and any differences/errors found are promptly corrected;
- Ensures that advances and overpayment of salaries are promptly recovered;
- Maintains and balances On and Off salary Control Register for each payroll run.
- Maintains continuous record of salary particulars of each employee on the payroll
showing such information as date of appointment, incremental date, post, cost centre, salary scale, present salary and notes re acting appointment etc;
- Ensures that all salary cheques are printed for the correct amount and for the correct payee and are dispatched to the
- Cashier for issue to the relevant persons on payday.
- Deductions and Returns
- Checks and verifies that all statutory deductions and other authorized deductions are made and paid over promptly;
- Ensures that annual returns such as Income Tax, N.I.S and N.H.T are made promptly after the end of the year.
- Assists in the preparation of the Personnel Emoluments Budgets by providing the
- Management Accounts Section with the following particulars on all members of staff :
name of employees
date of appointment
- Provides letters to employees or organizations on behalf of employees salary particulars, such as, NHT/NIS contributions, Income Tax, Education Tax, P24, P45 etc
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent analytical and judgement skills;
- Excellent communicator.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good team skills
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- AAT Level 2;
- ACCA-CAT Level B/Level 2
- NVQJ Level 2, Accounting
- Certificate in Accounting from an accredited University;
- Completion of second year of the B.Sc. Degree in Accounting/ Management studies with Accounting or BBA Degree
at an accredited University.
- Associate Degree in Business Studies/Business Administration/Management Studies;
- Associate Degree in Accounting from Management institute for National Development (MIND) or
- Certificate in Government Accounting Level 2;
- Experience in government payroll computation and administration.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Friday August 12, 2021 to:
Senior Director HRM&D
Ministry of Labour & Social Security
14 National Heroes Circle
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.