The Office of Disaster Preparedness & Emergency
Management (ODPEM) is seeking to fill the position of:
MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER (GMG/SEG 1)
Salary Scale: $1,502,063.00 – 1,785,481.00
One (1) year’s temporary employment
Reporting to the Senior Director, Project Implementation the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the development, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the disaster preparedness and disaster response projects of the Agency. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing quality proposals to multi-lateral/ bilateral organizations to realize funding for disaster risk management programs.
- Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of ODPEM’s portfolio.
- Develop baseline survey and impact evaluation for agency’s portfolio
- Provide agency and stakeholders with a monitoring and evaluation framework for the overall portfolio.
- Review and analyze monthly reports with the Senior Director to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Track, record and report physical progress against the implementation plans in consultation with the Senior Director, Projects
- Collect, compile success stories, good practices and case studies of preparedness, DRR and disaster response projects.
- Establish and maintain feedback mechanisms for M&E processes and related tools to support quality assurance for key program areas.
- Undertake regular field visits to evaluate project performance
- The ability to undertake evidence-based research and planning
- Knowledge in conducting research using qualitative and quantitative research methods;
- Working knowledge of PLA and other participatory research methodologies;
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite including statistical software
- Analytical/ quantitative skills and strategic thinking;
- Corporate and strategic management skills
- Networking and interpersonal skills
- Organisation & time management skills.
- Team oriented
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Written and oral communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Facilitation skills and commitment to social development
- Skilled in leadership; decision making, and judgment
Qualifications & Experience
public administration or a related field;
- Specialized training in Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Training in Project Management
- At least (5) years experience in monitoring and evaluating projects;
- Experience in the field of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) would be an advantage;
Please apply in writing along with a detailed resume no later than
February 17, 2020.
Should you require more information, please contact:-Director Human Resource Management Office of Disaster Preparedness & Emergency Management 2-4 Haining Road, Kingston 5