The Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) invites suitably qualified professionals to enlist in the JDF, to fill the following position: INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
Candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of the Commonwealth.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT) or a related discipline.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience as an IT professional and a minimum of two (2) years’ supervisory experience in an IT Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement Information Communication Technology (ICT) strategies and plans in support of the long term objectives of the Force.
- Monitor system performance, software and hardware upgrades, and network maintenance.
- Recommend improvements to network operations and integrated hardware, software, communications and operating systems.
- Develop ICT risk plans and oversee the security of ICT systems.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technology.
- In-depth understanding of telecommunications and information systems management.
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Have an aptitude and desire to assimilate into military life.
Applications and resumes are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 15 February 2019 and be addressed to:
SO1 J1 (Pers and Admin)
Headquarters, Jamaica Defence Force
Up Park Camp, Kingston 5
For further clarification, applicants may call telephone numbers
(876) 926-8121-9 Ext 2007 or (876) 833-7481.