Job Information Human Resources Associate – Banking & Investments Company InformationJob Information
Company Sagicor Jamaica
Contact Email email@example.com
Job Type Full-time
Department Sagicor Group Jamaica Ltd.
Category Human Resources
Posted 22-09-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 22-09-2023
Stop Publishing 29-09-2023
"Looking for a diverse and rewarding career?
If you're looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!"
Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to join our Group Human Resources team in the capacity of: Human Resources Associate – Banking & Investments
As a Human Resources Associate, you will:
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department at a level that will enhance the effective operation of the department and the achievement of its goals and objectives.
- Play a major role in the administrative activities of the Human Resources Manager:
- Set appointments, manage calls, receive visitors, and prepare correspondences for the Human Resources Manager’s signature.
- Compile monthly informational reports of Human Resources’ activities, including, but not limited to teller differences, separations, and staff count.
- Prepare presentations for Executives based on monthly HR informational reports
- Prepare payroll documents for new and newly promoted Bank & Investments team members.
- Prepare payroll documents such as salary deduction and salary advances for Human Resources Manager’s signature.
- Assist with general payroll queries and follow up on all payroll related requests.
- Assist with the separation process:
- Prepare termination checklists and all other related documents to be processed by the payroll department.
- Collect and submit completed termination of benefit documents on behalf of team members.
- Assist in scheduling and conducting exit interviews with separating team members.
- Prepare payments for HR-related functions, HR suppliers, and consultants.
- Assist with the induction of new and newly promoted team members.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Management Studies or relevant discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- At least two (2) years’ working experience in an operational, administrative or secretarial capacity within Human Resources.
- Basic knowledge of Labour Relations Laws and Industrial Relations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent human relations/ interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of computer software packages such as word processing and spreadsheet applications.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than September 29, 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.