Massy Technologies InfoCom Jamaica Limited, a Caribbean based Information Technology and Communications service provider is actively seeking resumes from dynamic individuals to accept the following role: FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
The Financial Controller organizes and directs activities of the Finance and Accounting Department. The incumbent is responsible for the development, recommendation and implementation of policies, programs and procedures that accomplish the goals and objectives of the department and Massy as a whole.
The successful candidate will:
- Direct the preparation of annual budgets and financial forecasts, quarterly and annual consolidated accounts, audited statutory accounts, monthly management accounts and other financial publications as required.
- Establish and oversee financial functions within the department including accounts payables, fixed assets, insurance and risk management, budgeting, project accounting, inventory, financial management and other activities as assigned in accordance with sound business practices, local laws, policies, procedures, rules and regulations including generally accepted accounting standards and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Direct MTIJL’s accounting and reporting operations, including maintaining accounting systems, establishing and maintaining internal financial controls, preparing and directing required financial reports, and assisting with internal audits according to Massy’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor financial trends and budgeted revenues and expenditures of the Company to ensure that fiscal responsibility and control is maintained and to assure the fiscal well-being of the company.
- Prepare, maintains and submits a variety of monthly and quarterly records and reports related to financial systems to the CEO, Massy Board, ITC Board and Massy Holdings Limited.
- Provide financial analysis, reports and information to Massy’s Management team to optimize effective and responsible decision making.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Corporate Governance requirements within the organization, utilizing the Delegation of Authority policy.
- Provide effective leadership thereby ensuring the strategic objectives of the organization are achieved.
- Professional Accounting qualification (ACCA, CMA)
- MBA in Finance or Accounting is desirable.
- Sound working knowledge of accounting, financial management and business administration.
- Knowledge of tax laws and local statutory financial requirements (GCT, PAYE, NIS, etc.)
- Leadership, Management and Supervisory skills.
- Sound working knowledge with an integrated accounting information system.
- Training in conflict resolution.
- Need to be focused, self-motivated, results oriented and display enthusiasm for the job.
- Must be a team player to contribute meaningfully to achieve team objectives.
- Must be a team leader to command respect and commitment of customers, suppliers, colleagues and subordinates to achieve objectives.
- Continuously strive to achieve budget targets and objectives despite internal challenges.
- High level of integrity.
- Subscribe to the principles of good corporate governance.
- Subscribe to a culture of continuous learning and development.
- Professional in outlook and behaviour. Motivator.
Qualified candidates are invited to email applications to:
The Human Resources & Administration Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Financial Controller no later than Friday, February 14, 2020.
We thank all applicants, however, only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.