JP Tropical Group, a subsidiary of Jamaica Producers is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and dynamic individual to lead the export agenda for the St. Mary’s brand. Based in Kingston, the role represents an exciting opportunity to be part of a well-established, highly reputable and diversified multinational group.
The Export Manager will report directly to the Commercial Manager and should be able to translate the company’s key strategic objectives into maximizing on sales targets through the management and coordination of distributors internationally. They must also facilitate the growth of the range of products by identifying and executing on opportunities in new channels and territories. This high performing individual must have exceptional time management and organization skills, with a strong background in business, management, budgeting and analysis. The individual must be sales oriented and can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Seek out opportunities to extend product range to other customers and improve geographic distribution of the company’s product range.
- Set volumes and revenue targets for distributors based on annual sales budgets and manage overall performance.
- Monitor all sales transactions and review all customer response for all orders and payments and resolve all customer issues for processes and manage sales shipments of all export products and collaborate with suppliers to ensure smooth functioning of processes and forecast all requirements.
- Create and manage A & P Budget ensuring that all projects are executed within budget.
- Organize and participate with Commercial Manager in Trade Shows to gain exposure in markets served.
- Support new product development with R & D Department as it relates to exports.
- Work closely with marketing department to ensure that international customers are equipped to execute promotional activities.
- Support the team to ensure that Critical Business Initiatives related to exports are achieved.
- First degree in Marketing, (International) Business or related field.
- At least 5 years of industry experience in a similar position. Preferably in the food manufacturing sector.
- Proven track record in growing markets internationally.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Speaks fluent Spanish.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Creativity and an ability to produce innovative and original ideas.
- Highly customer focused.
- Exceptional time and budget management skills, including the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and managing simultaneous budgets.
- An ability to think strategically.
- Has a passion for travelling locally and internationally
- This role requires the incumbent to work on occasional weekends and holidays.