FACTORIES CORPORATION OF JAMAICA LIMITED
Factories Corporation of Jamaica invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of:
Under the supervision of the Managing Director the incumbent will provide an efficient and effective executive/ administrative support to the Executive Office and co-ordinate and/or perform administrative tasks necessary for the smooth functioning of the office.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Public Administration or the Social Sciences
- Certified Administrative Professional or other training in Administrative Management
- Certified Professional Secretary
- A minimum of five (5) years administrative related experience
- Experience in dealing with matters of a confidential and sensitive nature.
SKILLS AND KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Thorough knowledge and experience in administrative and secretarial functions
- Knowledge of how government operates and its protocol
- Proficiency in office procedures and use of office equipment and advanced technology
- Strong sense of confidentiality and objectivity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Brief Managing Director on information requirements in advance of appointments and meetings and prepare relevant files.
- Prepare reports to the Ministry of Finance and Integrity Commission.
- Manipulate computerized data to generate tables and graphical presentations, linking worksheets, work- books, and word processing files.
- Disseminate Management Meeting Action Sheet for HODs for follow-up.
- Prepare Annual Department Budget for the upcoming financial period.
- Communicate effectively by telephone, in writing, by email for facsimile,
- Organise and take Minutes of monthly Management meetings, draft and circulate for follow-up.
- Dispatch reports and correspondence to required destinations on a timely basis
- Act for Corporate Officer in periods of absence
- Perform any other administrative duties required by management
- Knowledge of computer literacy skills.
- Demonstrate ability to manage workload.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and maintain up-to-date records.
- Timeless and accuracy in completing assignments consistently.
Applications with résumé should be sent no later than August 15, 2021 to:
Human Resource & Administration Manager
17 Knutsford Boulevard,
Please include name and the job title in the subject line of the email