Job Information Early Childhood Development Officers (St. Mary, St. Ann & Manchester) Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Company Government of Jamaica
Contact Name Office of the Services Commission
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type Full-time
Department Ministry of Education, Youth and Information
Posted 02-08-2022Job Status
Start Publishing 02-08-2022
Stop Publishing 19-08-2022
THE EARLY CHILDHOOD COMMISSION
The Early Childhood Commission (ECC) an agency of the Ministry of Education and Youth with responsibility to regulate the operation of Early Childhood Institutions, is seeking to identify highly motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the following posts:
EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (GMG/SEG 1)
Region 2 - St. Mary,
Region 3 — St. Ann,
Region 5 — Manchester & Regions 6 & 7
Purpose of Job
Reporting to the Early Childhood Development Supervisor, the Early Childhood Development Officer is responsible to promote comprehensive development of early childhood institutions within the context of the Early Childhood Act, Regulations and Standards, through the provision of technical expertise and monitoring and supervisory functions.
- Monitors and provides supervision for the delivery of ECD programmes and services through regular visits to assigned ECls
- Provides technical support to ensure that ECls maintain a readiness focus, and provide an appropriate learning environment for children
- Disseminates information and provides guidance to operators and staff of ECIs on the legal and regulatory requirements and the standards for operation of Early Childhood Institutions
- Provides technical support to ECls in order to facilitate the attainment of legal and regulatory requirements and standards for operation
- Assists the operators of ECIs to prepare development plans for the institutions to facilitate compliance with the ECAct and Regulations.
- Provides support and shares strategies with teachers and practitioners in implementing developmentally appropriate strategies in a variety of early childhood settings.
- Assists in the implementation of an integrated curriculum as a teaching strategy for young children among teachers and practitioners and ensures appropriate planning and delivery of the curriculum.
- Supports the development and/or strengthening of governance systems for early childhood institutions by providing technical support to ECl Management Bodies, Parent Teachers Associations, and Zone Action Committees.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of Early Childhood Institution - based parenting programmes
- Ensures information sharing and community mobilization to enhance the quality of Early Childhood Institutions.
- Develops operational plan for the development of early
- Monitors the distribution of grants and subsidies to Early Childhood Institutions
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- BSc. in Early Childhood Development , Early Childhood
- Education, Social Sciences or a related discipline
- Five (5) years working experience in early childhood development or a related field, with three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
Remuneration: Salary Scale $1,722,266.00 - $2,047,233.00
per annum and any other allowances applicable to the post
Written application along with detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted no later than Friday, August 19, 2022 to:
Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Early Childhood Commission
Shops 45-49 Kingston Mall
8-10 Ocean Boulevard,
by email to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants; however, only persons who are shortlisted will be contacted.