THE OFFICE OF DISASTER PREPAREDNESS &
The islands Disaster Management Agency is seeking an individual to join its team in the capacity of: DIRECTOR FINANCE & ACCOUNTS (FMG/PA 3)
Salary range: $2,336,309.00 – $2,777,138.00
Travelling Allowance: $894,924.00.00 (with motor vehicle)
Under the general direction of the Director General, the incumbent is responsible for managing, monitoring and controlling the financial and accounting operations of the Agency. The incumbent is also responsible for designing, implementing and reviewing on a continuing basis, financial, accounting and reporting systems of the Agency.
In addition, the incumbent is responsible for the coordination of the progress of Projects undertaken by the Agency and ensuring the legitimate and economical use of financial resources of Projects. The incumbent also manages the National Disaster Fund, Donations and Investment portfolio. Also, ensures that an annual Statutory Audit is completed within the required timeline as per the FAA Act and other related policies.
MAIN ROLE & CORE FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares the agency’s budget and financial statements;
- Prepares the agency‘s annual budgetary estimates.
- Ensures efficiency and economy in the expenditure of the Agency’s funds by applying sound principles of financial management in planning.
- Ensures that financial and accounting transactions are conducted in accordance with the provisions of the Financial Administration and Audit Act and the Disaster Management Act.
- Prepares the unit Operation Plan in relation to unit activities;.
- Ensures annual statutory Audit of the Agency is completed within the required timeline;
- Monitors financial status of the Rental Business and advises the Senior Management team on its profitability.
- Manages the National Disaster Fund, Investment Portfolio, Projects and Rental Business;
- Functions as a member of the Agency’s Procurement/Disposal, Staff Loan and Motor
- Vehicle Loan Committees to ensure compliance with policy guidelines.
- Communicates externally with Principal Financial Officer of the Ministry of Local
- Government and Community Development and other stakeholder relevant to the Agency financial operations.
- Prepares work plan for unit staff;
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of reports,
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent analytical and judgement skills;
- Planning and Organizing skills;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Strong customer relations skills;
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills;
- Sound knowledge in the laws, regulations, principles and practise relating to public sector financial accounts and general ledger
- Knowledge in Procurement and Fixed Assets;
- Good understanding of Investment;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Government Accounting principles and practices;
- Knowledge of an Accpac Accounting Software System;
- Skills in use of computer software applications;
- Knowledge of emergency procurement procedures
REQUIRED EDUCATION /EXPERIENCE/SKILLS:
- A first Degree in Accounting, Financial Management, or Management Studies, Business
- Administration with emphasis in Financial Accounting.
- Experience in the Public or Private Sector in a Financial Management capacity, with at least three (3) years at a senior level;
Interested persons may send in their applications including cover letter and resume no later February 17, 2020 to the: -
Director of Human Resource Management
Office of Disaster Preparedness & Emergency Management
2 – 4 Haining Road
Please note that responses will be sent to short-listed applicants only.