Job Information Data Scientist/Analyst Company InformationJob Information
Company Sagicor Jamaica
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type Full-time
Department Sagicor Group Jamaica Ltd.
Posted 24-01-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 24-01-2023
Stop Publishing 03-02-2023
"Looking for a diverse and rewarding career?
If you're looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!"
Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to join our Data Analytics team in the capacity of: Data Scientist/Analyst
As a Data Scientist/Analyst, you will:
- Perform advanced analytics to extract value, gather insights pertaining to process efficiency and effectiveness and discover knowledge from data.
- Utilize both descriptive analytics and predictive analytics with various Information Communication Tools.
- Apply machine learning techniques to solve problems within the Sagicor Group.
- Prioritize scope and manage data science projects and the corresponding key performance indicators (KPIs) for success.
- Conduct analyses to provide accurate management information, required to meet corporate objectives
- Provide advanced statistical data analytics solutions and data mining of key company metrics and trends.
- Effectively manage data science portfolio that is assigned and the corresponding key performance indicators (KPIs) for success across the Sagicor Group:
- Collaborate across the business to understand Information Technology and business constraints.
- Provide data science support to Agile development and product teams.
- Provide support for the design and creation of data pipelines for more efficient and repeatable data science projects.
- Execute the effective design of reports and management information to meet business requirements:
- Meet with internal clients across various functional units to collate and document end user report/ management information requirements.
- Ensure continuous documentation and maintenance of all reports in the company’s report repository.
- Ensure Reports are completed within internal service level agreement timelines.
- Provide reports to manager on status of duties and assigned objectives.
- Ensure accurate documentation of business systems data structures and change control to facilitate accurate business reporting:
- Document nuances within the Data and ensure they are correctly communicated to the Data Management Team.
- Design, Develop and Maintain Reporting Dashboards and Visualizations:
- Conduct analyses of user requirements and document requirement for Data Profiling, Modelling and Data Visualization.
- Ensure ongoing assessments and maintenance to ensure thorough changes control to main data quality of the dashboard/ visualization.
- Conduct continuous analysis of solutions to tune and optimize analytics solutions, maximize accuracy of reports, and improve overall efficiency:
- Participate in the performance tuning of business systems through analyses of data architecture and related application/systems queries and makes any necessary recommendations to internal database administrators as well as external application vendors for improvements.
- Work with Business Analysts and business users to rationalize existing reports, and to design reports geared towards minimizing manual procedures in the operations and financial reporting process.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized tertiary institution.
- A Bachelor's/ Master's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related quantitative field would be an asset.
- At least four (4) years’ working experience in a similar capacity.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with Oracle, Power BI, R, Python and MS-SQL relational databases.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of database reporting skills using SQL queries or stored procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Data Profiling, Data Modelling and the Data Visualization Process.
- Sound knowledge of computer software packages including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Sound knowledge of Predictive Techniques and Algorithms.
- Advanced coding knowledge using modern programming standards.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to the processing of reports and other tasks.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than February 3, 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.