Job Information Corporate Strategy Analyst Company InformationJob Information
Company Sagicor Jamaica
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type Full-time
Department Sagicor Group Jamaica Ltd.
Posted 24-01-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 24-01-2023
Stop Publishing 04-02-2023
“Looking for a diverse and rewarding career?
If you're looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!"
Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to join the Office of the President and CEO in the capacity of: Corporate Strategy Analyst
As a Corporate Strategy Analyst, you will:
- Provide support to the Corporate Strategy Manager in the coordination of strategic planning and management activities.
- Support a variety of strategic initiatives through effective monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide support in the development of Sagicor Group Jamaica’s strategic plans:
- Support organizational transformation in strategy and planning, working with senior management and business unit leaders to identify opportunities, support problem-solving, and design strategies to improve performance.
- Prepare, compile and circulate information related to the development of the strategic plans, develop templates, and coordinate meetings/ retreats, to support the strategic planning process.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to compile and circulate information related to the budgeting process in support of the strategic plan.
- Provide support in monitoring the performance and execution of the strategic plan:
- Liaise with key stakeholders to facilitate timely updates regarding the plans, progress, status, risks and roadblocks of key performance indicators and strategic initiatives.
- Prepare and submit reports to facilitate the effective assessment and tracking of key performance indicators and strategic initiatives.
- Conduct progress reviews, monitoring the performance of the strategic plan, particularly at the Divisional level, and assessing where adjustments need to be made.
- Assist in developing standardized metrics and driving benefits realization across the Group:
- Provide support in standardizing the terminology and measurement definitions for metrics across the organization.
- Provide support in the selection, implementation, maintenance, and training on an institutional Strategy Execution Tool.
- Maintain records and prepare reports surrounding the realization of project benefits across the Group.
Provide support to key project governance initiatives being undertaken by the company:
Review business cases and financial assessments submitted for consideration by the Governance Committee.
Collate and coordinate signatures, record meetings and submit and approve documents.
Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Studies, Banking & Finance, Business Administration, Economics or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution.
- At least three years’ working experience in corporate planning, strategic management, business analysis and/ or financial analysis.
- Experience in the Financial Services sector would be an asset.
- Knowledge of corporate and strategic planning.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with well-developed written, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to produce high-quality reports and meeting notes.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Results oriented, quality-focused, and sound time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good judgement, initiative and flexibility.
- High proficiency in the use of computer software packages such as word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Effective team player.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than January 27, 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.