Job Information Collection Officer Company InformationJob Information
Company Sagicor Jamaica
Contact Email email@example.com
Job Type Full-time
Department Alliance Financial Services Limited
Posted 21-03-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 21-03-2023
Stop Publishing 28-03-2023
"Looking for a diverse and rewarding career?
If you're looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!"
Alliance Financial Services Limited a member of the Sagicor Group is seeking a suitable candidate to join our team in the capacity of: Collection Officer
As A Collections Officer, you will:
- Manage the collection of outstanding debts from clients and settle all outstanding payments.
- Reconcile all accounts and validate payments to be submitted.
- Inform clients of their overdue bills and attempt to collect payment to mitigate company losses and recover any and all payments that are due to the company.
- Contact clients and request statement of accounts and reconcile with our system balance on a weekly basis.
- Report any discrepancies found from account reconciliations.
- Draft correspondence for clients’ accounts and accountholders to request payment.
- Research clients’ discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Operations Manager and other team members.
- Create reports regarding the status of clients’ accounts as requested.
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic basis.
- Prepare, post, verify, and record client payments and transactions related to accounts receivables.
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements.
- Identify clients with unused card balances and reimburse amounts outstanding.
- Generate reports detailing accounts payables status for all vendors and submit to the Operations and Finance Manager.
- Contact clients with balances and send the requisite account closure forms.
- Follow up with clients regarding outstanding documents for account closure process.
- Generate clients’ account statements as requested.
- Prepare authorization letters for pay out to clients and vendors.
- Assist with clients’ queries via call or email.
- Update all clients and vendor files.
- Organize payment dates and methods with companies.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, in particular, Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Intuit Quickbooks.
- Knowledge and experience in collections, accounts receivables and payables.
- Proficient communication and negotiation skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong time management skills.
- Professionalism in dealing with all clients.
- Effective team player.
- High degree of honesty & integrity.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than March 28, 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.