Job Information Business Development Representative (Contract) Company InformationJob Information
Company Sagicor Jamaica
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type Contract
Department Sagicor Bank Jamaica Ltd.
Posted 17-03-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 17-03-2023
Stop Publishing 23-03-2023
"Looking for a diverse and rewarding career?
If you're looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!"
Sagicor Bank Jamaica Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to join our Strategic Business Development team in the capacity of:
Business Development Representative (Contract)
Kindly note this role is Sales/ Commission based.
As a Business Development Representative, you will:
- Deliver superior client experience and sales goals by assisting clients with their full range of financial needs for both business and personal clients, providing personal credit facility, financing their home and investing for the future.
- Take a client focused approach to effectively assess client financial needs, provide advice and propose product/ service solutions that meet these needs.
- Identify additional client needs for cross-selling opportunities with the goal of deepening client relationships and building long-term profitable relationships.
- Focus on anchoring new and existing clients through effective contact strategies tailored to the clients’ circumstances.
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners to optimize business opportunities and referrals.
- Provide superior service to all clients, consistent with Sagicor’s Client Service Standards at every point of contact.
- Build both internal and external networks with focus on the SME market to capitalize on business opportunities and referrals including asking existing clients for referrals of friends and family.
- Initiate Business Development through presentations to groups/ companies and proactive sales calls to clients/ prospects to attain individual and Team sales targets.
- Utilize effective client discovery techniques during client interaction to better understand the client’s situation and needs to propose the appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrate commitment to cross enterprise partnering by positioning the benefits of solutions offered by Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited and engaging in-branch or group partners to meet the needs of clients.
- Exercise due diligence when completing and recommending applications, adhering to all Bank policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking & Finance, Business Administration, or a related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution or a minimum of 3 years' working experience in the sale of financial products and services.
- Experience in sales or selling techniques would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge and training in Credit and Security would be an asset.
- High degree of accuracy and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of the Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA).
- Strong selling, negotiating and customer service skills.
- High degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Effective public speaking skills.
- Effective team player.
*Frequent travel on the road to visit clients and seek new business*
*The selected candidate will receive a monthly basic salary in addition to commission payments
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than March 16, 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.