Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position in the JTB’s United States of America (USA) Office:
Based in Texas, USA
The incumbent will be required to promote Jamaica tourist industry to the travel trade and potential visitors in order to increase Jamaica’s market share from the region.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBIITIES INCLUDE:
- Maintain contact with wholesalers and travel agents by making regular sales calls.
- Provide updated promotional information to clients, travel agents, airlines, etc.
- Make presentations to travel organizations, tour groups, stu dent groups, social clubs and special interest groups.
- Organize and conduct familiarization tours for travel agents.
- Maintain relationship with the Jamaica Diaspora
- Conduct training seminars and presentations on Jamaica and make arrangements for the JTB’s participation in trade shows, road shows, seminars and other promotional events
- Keep abreast of the market trends by attending travel industry and related organizations meetings and functions in order to promote Jamaica
- Increase awareness for Jamaica by participating in interviews on radio, television, and phone
- Meet VIP visitors to the region and represent the JTB at meetings when required
- Prepare reports on sales activities
- Carry out marketing & sales programmes as directed
- Organize, maintain and update sales pattern for the territory
- First degree in Tourism Management, Marketing, Sales, or any other related discipline
- Three (3) years’ experience in sales/marketing
Applications with resumes should be submitted no later than June 24,
Senior Manager, Human Resource Development, Jamaica Tourist Board
64 Knutsford Boulevard, Kingston 5
Re: “Vacancy – Business Development Officer”
Or e-mail: email@example.com
Note: Possessing the appropriate visa/permit for working in the United States of America is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Full information on this job can be found on the following website: