Jamaica Defence Force
CARIBBEAN MILITARY ACADEMY
The Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) invites suitably qualified
professionals to enlist in the JDF, to fill the following position:
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING MANAGER
Candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
Nationality: Be a citizen of the Commonwealth.
The Business Development and Marketing Manager reports directly to the Registrar of the Academy and is responsible for all marketing related functions.
Minimum Professional and Educational Requirements
- Post-graduate degree in Business Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
New Business Development:
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning:
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research:
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Ability to research.
- Microsoft Office.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Budgeting ability.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Ingenuity and creativity.
- Have an aptitude and desire to assimilate into military life.