Job Information Branch Manager – Corporate Area Company InformationJob Information
Company Sagicor Jamaica
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type Full-time
Department Sagicor Bank Jamaica Ltd.
Posted 17-03-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 17-03-2023
Stop Publishing 24-03-2023
"Looking for a diverse and rewarding career?
If you're looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!"
Sagicor Bank Jamaica Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to join our team in the capacity of:
Branch Manager – Corporate Area
As a Branch Manager, you will:
Manage, direct, and grow the Branch into a profitable, efficient and productive unit of the Retail Banking Division of the Bank.
Ensure that the highest standard of client service is achieved in addition to the development of a harmonious and cooperative working environment.Provide effective management either directly or through supervisory personnel.
- Maintain awareness of competitors, market conditions, and opportunities for growth of the branch and keep Regional Manager abreast of changes.
- Motivate Branch personnel to cross-sell Bank’s products and services.
- Develop plans and strategies to improve sales and service delivery within the Branch in collaboration with the Regional Manager and Manager - Client Experience.
- Identify training needs of team members and develop in-house training activities or recommend formal training.
- Manage team performance including career development.
- Recommend disciplinary measures including counselling where appropriate.
- Manage effective client service directly or through feedback from the Supervisory team.
- Assist in preparing the budget of the branch in accordance with corporate objectives, strategies, policies and procedures.
- Analyze local trends and forecast Branch needs.
- Develop action plans to keep in line with projected needs.
- Provide information on the activities and performance of the Branch.
- Solicit, negotiate, and close client loans and advances in accordance with Bank’s lending policies and guidelines.
- Evaluate requests for advances, approving those within delegated lending authorities, and recommend to Credit Risk those facilities outside the delegated authorities.
- Actively and aggressively monitor out-of-order advances and restrict the incidence of past due accounts.
- Assess credit applications carefully reviewing clients’ financial status.
- Ensure that loans and other advances are properly documented, assessed, approved/ declined as per the bank’s policies, acceptable levels of risk and lending guidelines.
- Ensure that negotiable and non -negotiable securities are held in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking & Finance, Management Studies or relevant discipline or the successful completion of the AICB Diploma from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ working experience in Banking or a Financial Institution
- At least 4 years’ working experience in a Sales leadership role.
- Experience in Credit and Operations.
- At least 4 years’ working experience at the Supervisory /Managerial level.
- Strong management and selling skills.
- Effective Coaching skills.
- Excellent selling/ negotiating skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent human relations skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to produce reports.
- Sound knowledge of computer software packages including Microsoft Word and spreadsheet applications.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than March 24, 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.