Job Information Assistant Manager – Business & Technology Applications Company InformationJob InformationDescription
Job Type Full-time
Posted 07-01-2022Job Status
Start Publishing 07-01-2022
Stop Publishing 31-01-2022
Assistant Manager – Business & Technology Applications
Business & Technology · Kingston 10, Kingston
- Manages the administration, support and training for business applications.
- Responsible to develop rollout/release plans for both new applications and upgrades to existing applications.
- Ensures that business applications comply with company security policies.
- Develops feasibility studies and proposals for senior management.
- Develops criteria to evaluate 3rd party vendors and applications.
- Manages all aspects of implementation planning & coordination.
- Adheres to agree upon service levels (i.e. project schedules, system availability, etc.).
- Identifies emerging trends/best practices and ensures proposed solutions meet Company Goals.
- Sets technical direction for business applications and maintenance initiatives.
- Develops detailed plans and accurate estimates for the design, build, and implementation of projects.
- Manage all personnel aspects of the Business Applications team (hiring, performance reviews, etc.).
- Provides Switches, Firewall and Routers support and administration.
- Works with Group Manager – Business & Technology to establish standards and best practices for the usage of mission critical applications and services.
- Maintains a schedule of formal service reviews with key stakeholders and management of the key third party software/applications providers.
- Performs any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Contribute to IT budget and resource planning.
- Contribute to the long-term IT roadmap and strategy.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or MIS degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in an applications manager or similar role preferably managing enterprise-class business applications.
- Three (3) plus years’ management experience, supervising people and processes.
- 2+ years of vendor management.
- Deep hands-on experience with application implementations, enhancements, and integrations.
- Experience managing ticketing, CRM, ERP (SAP) systems is an advantage.
- Proven functional experience with working with a wide array of business units.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain system changes and functionality to all employees across the CB Group.
- Experience setting up ongoing procedures for collection and review of project statuses and goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- First Degree in Information Technology from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Advanced understanding of IT security and Data protection.
- Advanced understanding of cloud and mobile technology.
- At least 3 years’ experience of managing a similarly sized team.
- 3 years of appropriate experience supporting IT infrastructure and service delivery.
- Advanced understanding of server & desktop hardware/ operating systems, networks, network infrastructure firewalls.
- A probing and analytical approach with the ability to pre-empt potential problems and identify inefficiencies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate across a broad spectrum of employees.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to be agile and flexible.