Applications are invited for the post of Administrator, Performance Management and Appraisal System (GMG/AM 4) – (Not Vacant) in the Human Resource Management and Administration Division, Department of Correctional Services, salary range $1,410,802 – $1,677,000 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
The incumbent is responsible for providing technical and administrative support to the Director, Organizational Development/Performance Management and in the implementation and monitoring of the Performance Management and Appraisal System and to assist with organizational development and change management solutions within the Department.
- To assist in the implementation and management of the Performance Management and
- Appraisal System with a view to facilitate performance improvement:
- Co-ordinates sensitization sessions on the Performance Management and Appraisal System to ensure awareness;
- Provides coaching, guidance and information on the PMAS related issues to all staff including managers and supervisors;
- Develops/reviews customized manuals and forms for the Department in keeping with established guidelines;
- Reviews samples of Unit and Individual Work Plans to ensure quality of content and alignment with Operational Plans;
- Monitors compliance and general adherence to the PMAS policy and recommends appropriate strategies to mitigate gaps;
- Develops and reviews output focused job descriptions for each position;
- Contributes to the development of the PMAS status reports.
- To co-ordinate the employee rewards and recognition framework:
- Collates list of eligible staff for rewards and recognition;
- Co-ordinates meetings and special events;
- Notifies relevant parties of selection and eligibility for reward/recognition;
- Provides administrative support to the Rewards and Recognition Committee.
- To facilitate organizational interventions to include restructuring and reclassification:
- Assists in developing and reviewing out-put focused Job Descriptions and Terms of References;
- Assists in preparing submissions for restructuring and reclassification of posts.
- Performs any other related duties delegated by the Director, Organizational Development/ Performance Management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Applications (Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio)
- Sound knowledge of Government’s Corporate and Operational Planning and Budgeting processes
- Sound knowledge and understanding of corporate functions and their potential strategic contribution
- Sound knowledge of performance monitoring techniques.
- Strong presentation skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Good problem solving and analyzing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good customer relations skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good use of initiative
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Associate Degree or Diploma in Management, Human Resource Management or equivalent qualifications and training;
- Training in the operation of the GOJ Guideline Performance Management and Appraisal
- Two (2) years’ experience in Human Resource Management.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Monday August 9, 2021 to:
Human Resource Management and Administration
Department of Correctional Services
5-7 King Street
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.