Applications are invited for the following post: Accounting Technician (FMG/AT 1 )
To be a senior checker of bills, claims, invoices etc. to ensure their validity and accuracy and for
entry to accounts payable.
- To check all regular bills, claims, vouchers assigned , ensuring that there is probity, propriety, regularity, authenticity and accuracy of claim and to check imprests reimbursement claims, contract and other technical vouchers or claims.
- Checks thoroughly all vouchers assigned for the following:
- the presence of an approved commitment requisition;
- the presence of necessary bills/claims/documents, authority etc. and that it has been countersigned by the
- Programme Manager where necessary;
- arithmetical accuracy e.g. the application of correct rates and the deduction of all amounts deductible;
- adherence to contract/agreement, and for the presence of a valid certification that the goods and services have been properly received and stock placed on inventory;
- adherence to the FAA Act, FAA Act Financial Regulations, FAA Act Instructions, staff orders and all other pertinent statutes;
- the accuracy of the account codes and other information recorded on the voucher;
- all other checks as deemed necessary.
- Signs vouchers and checks that they are correct in all regards;
- Enters all checked vouchers into accounts payable.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good team skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- AAT Level 1;
- ACCA-CAT Level 1/A,
- Certificate in Public Administration UWI,
- Certificate Management Studies UWI,
- Diploma Business Administration/Studies from a Community College;
- NVQJ Level 1 Accounting;
- Certificate in Accounting from an accredited University;
- Certificate Government Accounting Level 1;
- Completion of first year of B.Sc. Degree in Accounting/Management Studies with
- Accounting or BBA at an accredited University; or
- Completion of first year of Associate Degree in Accounting/Business
- Administration/Business Studies from an accredited tertiary institution.
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Friday August 12, 2021 to:
Senior Director HRM&D
Ministry of Labour & Social Security
14 National Heroes Circle
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.