Job Information Accounting Supervisor Company InformationJob Information
Company Sagicor Jamaica
Contact Email email@example.com
Job Type Full-time
Department Sagicor Group Jamaica Ltd.
Posted 21-01-2023Job Status
Start Publishing 21-01-2023
Stop Publishing 27-01-2023
"Looking for a diverse and rewarding career?
If you're looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!"
Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to join our Disbursement Operations team in the capacity of: Accounting Supervisor
As an Accounting Supervisor, you will:
- Provide accounting support and assist with the supervising of the Accounts Payable Finance team with the view of meeting the monthly deliverables.
- Analyze accounts and perform process analysis at a level that will enhance the effective operations of the department and the achievement of the goals and objectives.
- Input Sagicor Property Services (SPS) invoices into the designated system for assigned properties.
- Track the progress of financial and accounting objectives using data analysis to assist business units with strategic initiatives.
- Create and update procedures documents for the specified role.
- Organize financial data into useable information and maintain updated records for Sagicor Property Services (SPS).
- Analyze processes and assist with initiatives geared towards operational efficiency and digital transformation.
- Input invoices received from the Group Treasury & Asset Management Department into the designated system.
- Monitor and ensure the timely receipt of utility bills with the assistance of the Officers from Sagicor Property Services.
- Input utility bills for the Sagicor Group subsidiaries using the systems; SUN General Ledger and Voyager.
- Process utility payments using Netteler and record relevant transactions in SUN General Ledger and Voyager.
- Process Sagicor Life Jamaica benefits payments.
- Process mortgage disbursements and mortgage related payments such as Stamp Duty, Refunds and payments to the National Land Agency.
- Maintain filing for Sagicor Property Services (SPS) payment documents and utility bills.
- Perform reconciliation/ analysis of Supplier statements as requested.
- Process Sagicor Property Services (SPS) management fees and overtime accounts invoices/ expenses incurred by Sagicor Group Subsidiaries.
- Assist with the coding and inputting of invoices in SUN General Ledger.
- Create and maintain vendor records on SPS Voyager system and assist when necessary with the creation of vendor records on SUN system.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Studies, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized tertiary institution.
- At least three (3) years' working experience in a similar capacity.
- Sound knowledge in the use of computer software packages including spreadsheets, word processing and file handling software.
- Good human relations skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership/ Supervisory skills
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor's career portal no later than January 27, 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.